Artists changes when adding album to library (Neil Young = Miley Cyrus)

Roon Core Machine

Roon core: Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Powernode on wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

30,000 tracks

Description of Issue

This one is pretty odd and I haven’t found anything similar on other threads. Somehow, Roon is confusing Neil Young with Miley Cyrus in my library.

Here’s what happens:

1. I search for a Neil Young album that’s not in my library. In this example, “Homegrown”, which is displayed properly before I add it to my library

1. Then I click the plus sign to add to my library, and suddenly the album is assigned to Miley Cyrus

Which makes for quite a comic “now playing” view

I am not aware of having done anything that would cause this, but I guess it’s possible that at some point I did something by mistake. Maybe I merged the two artists by accident?

Has anyone encountered this situation? Any tips to fix it?

Hey @Manu,

Ben here with the support team, my apologies for the delayed response! Does this happen to you frequently, or just with this particular album?

If you close Roon and reboot your core, does this issue occur? Also, does the same issue happen across different remote devices?

If possible, could you grab a timestamp (date, time) of when this issue occurs? That way, we can enable diagnostics on your account and take a deeper look into what might be going on.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi @benjamin. Thank you for your reply.

This happens any time I add any album by Neil Young and it has been happening for a while (I think I first noticed about a year ago). This happens regardless of the device I use to interact with Roon (iPad, MacBook, iPhone).

I’ve never seen it with any other artist.

Since the issue first occurred, I’ve rebooted the core a few times with no impact.

I’ve just added another album on August 1, at 5:36, as you can see on the screenshots. The album shows as Neil Young at 5:35 before adding to my library. Then at 5:36 I added it to the library and it shows as “Neil Young / Miley Cyrus”

@benjamin, I’ve opened Roon a few minutes ago and this is the first thing that came up

Please let me know if I should restore a backup

Hey @Manu,

Thanks for the info here.

After taking a deeper look into your account, we’ve also found numerous traces of corruption in your SSD drive. Take a look below:

08/02 13:58:44 Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, notifying client
08/02 13:58:44 Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, halting broker threads
08/02 13:58:44 Error: [broker/database] corruption detected: IO error: /roon/data/RoonServer/Database/Core/dd2a6e512e4a4eb59fb7ff25b05f2e6c/broker_2.db/395142.ldb: Structure needs cleaning
08/02 13:58:44 Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, notifying client
08/02 13:58:44 Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, halting broker threads

With this, things will slowly get worse in time. For next steps, I will follow up via PM. Please keep an eye out for a message from me.

Thank you @benjamin . I just saw your message and I’ll be replying shortly.