Artists not showing in Roon display

Roon Core Machine

Roon 2.0 build 1143
macOS Ventura on iMac Retina 4K 2017, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router Experia, WIFI via Apple AirPort Extreme, core connected via Ethernet cable

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node (1), Apple Airport Express (2)

Number of Tracks in Library

6k albums, 80k tracks
Only local library, no streaming services connected.

Description of Issue

Certain artists (minority of cases) are not displayed in Roon display (only the blurred album art is shown instead).
This behavior is inconsistent and, when it happens for a given artist, then it affects all displays (whether web display or Chromecast). So it’s a function of the artist, not of the display being used.
Furthermore, I experience this odd behavior only with images fetched from Valence. This issue does not happen when I load the image locally by editing the artist.

Examples of Valence artists that have this problem:

• MFSB
  • Ney Matogrosso

I checked if this could be due to image size but it does not seem to be the case as both bigger and smaller images generally work ok.

As a final test, I downloaded from Valence the picture of Ney Matogrosso and then loaded as a local version for the Artist (instead of using Valence): in this case the image showed correctly in Roon display. So the issue seems somehow to relate with how the image is fetched (or not fetched) from Valence because, and again, the same image of Ney Matogrosso:

• when fetched from Valence does not show in Roon display
  • when saved locally does show in Roon display.

Again, this is quite of a rare and inconsistent behavior, which in a sense makes the issue worse to my eye.

Can you please help fix it?

Thanks!
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.