Artwork does not update

Reflashing again as after restarting my routers softwre its no longer seeing it, so that must not have refreshed since the update started. Its not my network as it works find before applying this update. Will get to beta channel again then send feedback.

Reflashed, switched to beta channel, all working as it did before updating its prompting me there is anupdate. Sent feedback. 65c79aaae741d9f6

On Beta channel not updated it so sticking on what its on the Remote wont show the endpoint now playing screen. Its all configured correctly as it was before I started this. So somethings not right. it wont connect to any endpoint at all. Its enabled in Roon to.

Ok got now playing back be removing the extension from Roon and renabling it. Back on regular channel until I hear back from you as it wont update to this new release in the beta channel.

Hi @spockfish have you had any time to look at why the beta keeps killing my install?

No, the logs seem fine (up until the switch to the beta channel).

So to be sure:

• let’s ‘forget’ the screen for now. We first need to figure out why the update fails.
  • how do you go to the wepage? By ip address, hostname or ‘hostname.local’?

And what do you mean with:

Does this mean that things are running on the beta channel and you can reach the webui?

I can switch to the beta channel no provblen but I cannot update to the latest beta without it breaking the system completely as I have described. It goes the though the update process, reboots and then gets slow and stuck, takes 10 mins per section to show up in the terminal on the screen ending with Ropieee is running and eventually the last screen but Ropieee has no ip address, does not show up on the network, j assume something to do with its DHCP. It’s all fine on the network until I choose to install the latest beta. So I cant send you feedback as when it’s running albeit it takes 20-30 mins to get through boot up its not accessible.

The last bit was getting it to work again back on the release branch after switching from beta. I had to reflash again to get back here and have given up updating. The feedback I sent was from the standard beta before any upgrade as I can’t send it afterwards as its broke.

But how do reach the web interface? By ip address, hostname or ‘hostname.local’?

Ip address doesnt make a blind bit of difference if I used the hostname or hostname.locl as its got no ip and doesn’t show on my network anymore when installing the latest beta.

I get this screen after 20-30 mins as you can see no IP address shows and it never gets one. It’s fine proper to installing the update.

Are the network LED’s burning/flickering?

Yes they are.

Do you have another Pi you can test with? a 4?

I want to see if we can figure out if this related to being a 3B vs 4 in combination with your infra.

Not spare I don’t.

Hmmm ok.

I thought I had the same setup as you do. But I don’t.
Your Pi is a 3 B+, mine ‘just’ a 3 B.

The 3 B+ is notorious for it’s crappy ethernet implementation and there’s a fix in RoPieee to take care of that. I’m seriously wondering if that causes troubles with the new kernel version.

I’m gonna do some more digging, but I think it would be worthwile to do another test.
I’ll poke you when the update is ready.

I could try a 2b if that helps have two of those going spare.

No no need. Let me do some more testing and I’ll prepare an update without the 3B+ specific patch for you to test. Probably is going to be tomorrow.

Thanks

No worries in your own time Harry.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

I’ve pushed out an update to the beta channel. Can you try that one out?

Thanks

Sure will.

Harry that worked on 2.649 beta now.

Oh nice!

At least we know why your unit didn’t update properly.

I think I have a unit like this too, works fine on the stable but go for beta and it just dies in the butt. Tried several servers cards, but not sure what model it is, and it’s inside a rather well put together chassis that’s a PITA to swap the card over but I’ll give this a try in a day or so when I get a min.

@spockfish this is the one that’s missing the artwork not the one that that beta kills