Artwork not showing on OSX

I get black squares on Roon on OSX, iPad shows the artwork fine.

Roon Core is being run on a NUC running ROCK, and the music is held on a QNAP NAS.

If I click an album from this screen I get a black square with a spinning white circle line in it.

Any thoughts welcome.

Make sure your Mac doesn’t block (any) connections from your Core server (firewall setting?). If I’m right, images are sent differently (via http) which would explain why you can see the UI but images are not coming thru. Maybe if you have a look into roon log files on your Mac you get a pointer.

Hello @dpstjp,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look at what could be going wrong here. As @anon47919701 mentioned, it is possible that your firewall is preventing the downloading of the images, I would check to see if you have allowed access for Roon and RAATServer in your firewall rules. Secondly, I would suggest that you clear your image cache, this can be done in Roon Settings -> Setup -> Clear Image Cache -> Clear Cache. Please check to see if images appear properly after doing so. If images still do not appear, some users have confirmed that reinstalling the Roon app allows the album art to appear again. If you do go down that route, please make sure to make a database backup before reinstalling the application just to make sure that nothing goes wrong during re-installation. Please let me know what results the above suggestions yield.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you for the replies.

This morning when I opened Roon on the same machine the images had arrived (finally), but it’s not the first time it’s happened so I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

Firewall on the Mac is set to off. I use my router firewall to protect from outside influences.

I’ve just cleared the image cache and the images pop up normally, but I cannot tell if this is due to the image clear or whether it was due to already being sorted.

I’ll see if I can break it again and report if/when it does.

Hello @dpstjp,

I am glad to hear that the images are showing up now, hopefully clearing the image cache has solved this issue but if you do run into it again, please let us know and we can look into it further!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.