ASIO - Digital noise since version 2.0

Hello,

System:
Windows 2019 Core Mode, i5, 16MB RAM, 2x network cards with Dante & normal Network

I have been using Roon for about 1.5 years now with the ASIO driver “Dante Virtual Soundcard”. So far it ran trouble-free. Since the update to version 2.0 I have low noises during playback - crackling similar to the playback of a vinyl record.

However, this does not happen with the computers that are connected outside the Dante network with RAAT. There, the playback is still error-free.

Kind regards

Ralph

Hello Ralph,

I experience the same dissonance but only when I use DSP in Roon. When I turn off that function the crackling disappears. (I have enough head room). Is that the case also for you?

ASIO4ALL v. 2

Hello MagnusG,

unfortunately, I can’t do without DSP. The Dante network runs fixed at 96kHz/24bit and so I have to convert all other formats.

In the Dante network I run a Lynx Aurora(n) studio converter and a PC with a convolver. My system runs with active room correction.

Until the update, everything worked just fine. The only recent change in the setup is the update of Roon.

Kind regards

Ralph

Ok. Is the noise present even when the original format is 96/24?

Hello MagnusG,

I have already thought of that. I will try it this afternoon and report afterwards.

Kind regards

Ralph

1 Like

Hello MagnusG,

the behavior is unfortunately the same for native 96/24.

Kind regards

Ralph

Sorry to hear. It’s a strange thing it appeared after the latest update. Personally, I will get a new driver tomorrow and hope that will solve my problems.

Have you thought of creating a Roon support post?

Hello MagnusG

This is Roon’s forum for support - that’s what I assumed. I think the developers read here or am I misinformed.

Kind regards

Ralph

@support does, but let’s ping them additionally…

Yes it is. Somehow I managed to miss that :flushed:

@support are you looking into this?

Hello,

In the last few days I have become more and more doubtful that the fault lies with me at Roon. Today I discovered the problem - I had latency problems on my Dante network. With the right settings, everything is now running as it should.

Roon runs error-free for me and I must apologize that I had suspected the error here.

Thank you for the support

Ralph

Hi @Ralph_Stens,

First off, our apologies for taking this amount of time to respond.

There’s no doubt that Roon is demanding of a user’s network. I will tell you that I came into Roon with over 20 years of IT experience only to be told my network was my problem. The nerve right?

I’m glad things are working for you, Ralph. Please let us know if any other issues pop up.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.