Assumptions about creators of Roon

I think you are right, but the “magic handling” of metadata is also a big problem IMHO.

I have a fairly well-tagged collection and I had a lot of inconsistent attribution of works, expecially in the op.XX/ Nr.YY category. The metadata provider is not consistent in how to group these kind of works. So I thought, I’d be smart and set my library settings to “prefer file” for the composition and work tags…

What I have experienced are two things that made me reverse this…

1. I lost my composition descriptions - Roon does not match compositions even if I use the same canonical names for the works as Rovi.
  1. At the same time I still have a couple of Bach works that Roon matches to existing (but wrong) works.

So in one case I lose information when setting my libary to “prefer file” and at the same time Roon tries to outsmart me by deciding that the work I have tagged and want to have preferred is not the right work…

I’ve given up trying to understand this. So apart from the boxset disaster it would be a big step for me if “prefer” tag data would work as advertised…

Honestly, I do not expect this ever to be adressed.

1 Like