Astell&Kern category?

Two and a half years then :smirk:

Yeah get it totally
Competing priorities

My spending on such frippery is on hold
I quit my job a month ago and two months left of my notice period… job search ante being upped :0)

1 Like

I own an A&ultima SP1000m that was my happy travel companion for my many long flights pre-pandemic. While stuck at home, I wish I could connect it to my Roon core while enjoying my garden, but I’m stuck with AK Connect to the UPnP server on my NAS, which is not nearly as nice to navigate. The fact that this works, as does Roon play on Android, suggests that the basic pieces are there, but the last hints that Roon support was coming are from last year…

They have now confirmed Roon integration is suspended. They claim working away from office makes it too difficult to coordinate with each other and roon for testing.

1 Like

A & K suspending the Roon integration due to C-19 is garbage really. Sounds like a pretty weak excuse. When I went to CanJam LA last year, I spoke at length with their rep, and the rep said it was almost ready for release. He had said it would be available by Xmas. Since I had a Kann DAP, it was a topic of interest.

Their in-house software is decent, so it’s not a big deal. But clearly their rep was advertising a feature nowhere near completed.

1 Like

Just started using AK Connect this afternoon, and it behaved inconsistently, failing to find some album tracks and then a bit later finding them. Maybe Roon had made me forget all the flakiness of UPnP/DLNA…

I don’t use the AK Connect wifi much. Normally listen to music loaded on SD cards. I have about 400 GB of files loaded up.

That was my approach for travel. But I get so much new music from Bandcamp and other sources that it’s a pain to decide what to remove from the DAP to accommodate the new stuff.

I use mconnect and it provides access to my dlna server as well as Tidal and Qobuz.

1 Like

Bandcamp has a decent app that can be loaded from akpure but it us mp3 unfortunately.

Astell and Kern ACRO CA 1000 amp DAP on sale at theinvixion.com (AKs sale site) for $1000 off. $1199. Roon Ready device.

I have one, it’s a great unit.