ASUS Essence stxii

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK on a PC i7 on ASUS Maximus Ranger viii.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lampizatorbig7 DC and via USB connection.

Description Of Issue
Hello, all is connected and everything works fine.

On the mainboard I still have ASUS Essence atx ii, and would like to use the music card with the DAC connect via Toslink cable or SPDIF - and here the chain does not work anymore.

Do I need any drivers for the card or do i have to change something in BIOS?

Removed post as it had erroneous information.

But, he has installed ROCK on the hardware…
And, that most likely won’t work.

@Jacek_Bialodrzewski, have you explored all available output options for your Core in Roon Settings Audio? Odd’s are that the Asus card will not be recognized by the Linux Os of ROCK though…

Oops. Sorry completely missed that. I am pretty sure that ROCK will not recognize the card. But, as you said, he could take a look in the Audio settings and see.

1 Like

Some bios’s can’t have two sound cards active simultaneously so with a USB device connected it might not be visible. But on board sound is certainly available in ROCK, at least in the more popular chipsets. The start point is to see how the bios is set and go from there.

Hi @Jacek_Bialodrzewski,

Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? Do you see any listing there for your audio card?

I suppose the system does not recognize the sound card, can you change it so

Hello @Jacek_Bialodrzewski,

ROCK is designed to be used on Intel NUC devices and does not support PCI-E sound cards. We cannot support this configuration as it is outside of the design parameters of ROCK.

If it is helpful, the “RAATServer” process will relay any sound outputs reported in ALSA to Roon as playback zones. If the device is not visible to ALSA, it will not appear in Roon. ROCK does not provide terminal access to the end user, so this will be difficult to troubleshoot.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.