Audio Analysis and clicking between tracks

Core Machine = NUC ROCK with 8mg RAM

**Network Details

Auralic Altair connected via LAN wired

Description Of Issue

How long should it take Roon to go through it’s cycle of audio analysis?

I used to have a lot of clicks between tracks (just one click between tracks but it happened about 20% of the time)

I changed the throttle speed to maximum and so now rarely hear a click but with 22,000 tracks how long should Roon take to analyse all?

I made changes to an album yesterday but Roon still has not recognised this?

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

The length of time it takes depends on your library size, the size of the files, and Core machine performance. If you go to Settings > Library does it show how far along analysis is?

Hi Dylan

No I can’t see that information anywhere in settings

Thanks

Ken

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

Can you share a screenshot of this page? Does it show that analysis is being performed at all?

Do you always hear clicks on the same tracks or is it random?

Hi Dylan

There is no sign that analysis is being performed

I have updated other files since the one I mentioned and they do appear in Roon

Here is a screenshot of the files in my library

and here they are in Roon

As you can see there are 6 cds in the collection but only 5 show up in Roon

The point about the clicks is that it used to be worse than it is now

There occasionally can be one click between tracks - only if I move a track on and very rarely. It used to be more often and so I altered the audio analysis speed and I guess I was asking a question - would this have made the difference re the clicking?

Thanks

Ken

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

Possibly. Changing it to fast could have sped up the process (which can be a bit more resource-intensive than usual) so that those resources weren’t being used as long and then once complete caused less issues.

To clarify, though, it looks like you’re having an issue with importing, not audio analysis.

I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Hi Dylan

I have read the articles and they are very useful

There is only one case of that I am aware of where a folder with files in not being imported - that is the one already shown of the Tchaikovsky Ballets

CD 5 is in my database along with cds 1 - 4 and 6 i.e.

The files e.g. in CD 6 folder look like this

and in the CD 5 folder

However this is what Roon shows

Sorry Dylan forgot to say that CD5 does not show in the skipped folders file

Thanks for the details, @Ken_Talbot.

Okay, first, can you check to see if you can find these files when you filter by path? It’s possible that they are being imported but not identified correctly, so this will help us determine if this is the case or if it’s not importing at all.

Sorry if I am being a bit thick here but this is the screen I have when enabling as per the guidance

There is no icon to start the filter

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

So first you’ll need to enable the Path option which you can do by changing the toggle so that it’s blue. After this, Path will show up as a column on this page. You can then filter that column as you would any other column.

Hi Dylan

Thanks - I’ve finally understood what I needed to do

I have found a file from the “missing” cd 5

I guess this means that it is importing it?

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

Yes, it looks like this is being imported but it’s not being identified correctly. You can use the Merge Albums function to resolve this.

Hi Dylan

How do you merge an album that is not showing in Roon?

Hi @Ken_Talbot,

There are a couple ways to do this. The album is in Roon but appears to not be showing correctly. If you navigate to the album by clicking the link on the tracks browser you can add it to a Tag. You can then add the album with the other discs to the same Tag. Open that Tag and then you can select them both and merge them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.