Roon Core Machine

Win 10, 16gb RAM, Ryzen 5800x processor

Networking Gear & Setup Details

This is happening locally on the core server

Connected Audio Devices

N/A

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The audio analysis seems to have issues. Been looking at the logs and see some mention of dirty tracks, I assume I have six tracks that are corrupted but I have something like 28k songs so not sure how to narrow this down. Can provide logs. Seems similar to this support tkt - Background audio analysis never stops

I have rebooted the PC, restarted Roon a number of times, and still the same. Says Analyzing 6/12 currently but sometimes says 19/25 etc.

Let me know a way I can find those six tracks, thanks!

Once support turn up they’ll probably request your server logs and will then be able to track it down (as per the thread you linked). If you’d rather not way, here’s another way …

Create a new folder on the same drive that stores your music and move half your music files into it. This won’t affect your database - all the album data will return when you put them back. Just make sure that you don’t clean up your library after you’ve moved them.

Anyway, having done that, if the problem has gone away then the problem files were in the half you removed.

Next step: put half of them back. If the problem returns, the files are in that half (one quarter of the original files), so take half of those files back out (and so on). If not, add half of what you have left, and so on. It’s a bit laborious, but it will enable you to find the files quite quickly.

I’ve done manual stuff like that before and being an IT guy I don’t love the divide and see method. I’m fine handing over logs to support.

Roon’s ‘dirty track’ is not equal to ‘corrupted track’. At any given times I have reports of ‘dirty tracks’, ‘dirty works’, ‘dirty performers’, ‘dirty performances’ and ‘dirty albums’ in my Roon logs. That’s ok I think. You need not do anything.

Shouldn’t this complete eventually? The dirty track mention is perhaps me guessing whats going on.
Capture

Yes, of course, this should eventually complete. You say you have 28k tracks… Are all these local tracks? For how long has the background analysis process been going on? On your fast processor this should be done in a couple of days, even if doing it in the background using only few cores…

So, I don’t know what’s going on your machine, not even IF anything weird is going on. I’m only saying that the mention in logs of ‘dirty tracks’ is common.

I left it running for a few days. I turned up the number of cores because I was going to be away from my PC for a bit and figured it would crunch through them.

All local tracks on this but I honestly could have some malformed ones or odd formats, have MP3s back to 2001 that I’ve managed to never lose.

It honestly feels like its hung up on these last set of tracks and never makes it past.

No. If it’s stuck, it will probably stay stuck. Analysing six files is a trivial task, so clearly something’s blocking it from completing.

1 Like

This is probably the cause. Let’s wait for @support to get involved. I’m sure that by looking at your logs they’ll be able to identify the offending files.

1 Like

Thank y’all. Yeah that is what I thought too.

Hey @Will_Butler,

Thanks so much for posting about this issue and for thoroughly research our community before doing so - we appreciate your efforts :pray:

We’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account to help reach a resolution. Could you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report.

Once you’ve done this let us know the timestamps and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs here.

Your files have been submitted successfully

Noris Onea will be notified about your submission.

1 Like

Hey @Will_Butler,

We got the logs! Thanks.

Could you please also share the timestamps (local date and time for every action listed above)? It is only then when the logs are as helpful as they can be :nerd_face:

1:56pm was fresh boot and start,I started then rebooted 2:02 and accidentally closed the application and opened it back up that’s why there are three logs but left it going until about 14:08

Brilliant! Thanks for that valuable info.

Logs are now with our technical team. I’ll follow up as soon as I hear back from them :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Will_Butler ,

Thanks for submitting those logs and for your patience here while we’ve had a chance to review the logs! It appears that Roon is hanging on analyzing the following MP3 files:

Line 763: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=6598706 url=D:\Music\albums\fugazi\red medicine\Fugazi - Red Medicine - 4 - Birthday Pony.mp3
	Line 764: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5669426 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Malediction EP\Einstürzende Neubauten - Malediction EP - 4 - Ubique Media Dämon.mp3
	Line 765: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5653810 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Haus der Lüge\Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch - 3 - Ein Stuhl in der Hölle.mp3
	Line 766: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=1935922 url=D:\Music\albums\bela fleck and the flecktones\live art\Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Live Art - 321 - Stomping Grounds.mp3
	Line 767: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5662002 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Interim EP\Einstürzende Neubauten - Interim EP - 1 - RauschDie Interimsliebenden.mp3
	Line 768: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=14283058 url=D:\Music\albums\pretty little flower\subcut split\Subcut - Pretty Little Flower  Subcut Split - 8 - Contundente Estado De Pessimismo.mp3
	Line 769: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5647154 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Halber Mensch\Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch - 7 - Der Tod ist ein Dandy.mp3
	Line 770: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=16157490 url=D:\Music\albums\sidetracked\one lane road ahead\Sidetracked - One Lane Road Ahead - 12 - Blessed.mp3
	Line 771: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5653554 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Haus der Lüge\Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch - 2 - Feurio!.mp3
	Line 772: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=20475442 url=D:\Music\albums\va - comps\don't be swindle\Don't Be Swindle Podcast - Don't Be Swindle Podcast - 2 - Epsideo #2.mp3
	Line 773: 11/09 14:04:43 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=14281522 url=D:\Music\albums\pretty little flower\subcut split\PLF - Pretty Little Flower  Subcut Split - 1 - Oceanic Toxicity.mp3

Can you please move these files to a folder that Roon is not watching, reboot Roon and see if that corrects the issue? If this does indeed correct the issue, can you please upload the media files to the following link for further QA review (and hopefully to prevent this in the future)?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Thanks!

Seems like its stuck on one item now on 742/743

Is it possible it didn’t process 100% of my items and found another issue file that weren’t in the logs?

I closed and reopened and I’m on 2/3. Should I send in new traces?

I found more that were stuck in the [analysis] setting and that seems to have me good. Sending you my files now. I took whole folders and not single files so there are a few okay files in my upload. Here is the rest of the issue files -

11/16 15:25:59 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5653554 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Haus der Lüge\Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch - 2 - Feurio!.mp3
11/16 15:25:59 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5662002 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Interim EP\Einstürzende Neubauten - Interim EP - 1 - RauschDie Interimsliebenden.mp3
11/16 15:25:59 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=5653810 url=D:\Music\albums\einsturzende neubauten\Haus der Lüge\Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch - 3 - Ein Stuhl in der Hölle.mp3

1 Like

Hi @Will_Butler ,

Thanks so much for sending those files and for taking a look at the logs and finding the other files causing this behavior!

I will forward the problematic files over to QA for closer review and to hopefully prevent similar behavior in the future in the app.

I hope everything is working well in Roon now, but if you run into any further difficulties, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Happy listening!

Yes, thank you for your help here, it is working as expected and it helps me to know what to look for in the code. I’m a sys admin for a university by day so glad to do my own work and not bug y’all. Thanks again. Tkt can be closed.

1 Like