Audio device enabled but selectable in Roon

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS918+ with DSM 7.0
Roon Server 20210727 by C.Rieke

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS RT-N18U with ethernet wired connection.

Connected Audio Devices

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1217)
Latest Roon Mac verion 1.8 build 814

Library Size

76134 tracks

Description of Issue

After updating to Synology DSM 7.0 and Roon Server 20210727, all my audio devices are not available in Roon. Not only the local MacOS devices, but also wireless iOS devices.

Audio devices are enabled, and loaded default settings, but they are not selectable in roon.

Hello @Yasmina_Lee,

What happens if you press on any of the active (purple) Enable buttons? Could you please share a screenshot after pressing on one of them or a few?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hello rebeka,

I found that my iOS device works now.

But on my MacOS, if I enabled both “System Output” and “Apogee Duet USB”, Roon says “No audio devices found”. Then when I disabled “Duet USB”, “System Output” shows up and the music plays.

If I enable other devices like “Built-In Line Output”, It will be selectable in Roon. But If I re-enable “Duet USB”, It is not shown in Roon. Although the music still plays through “System Output”, the playbar and other track info freezed. (next track and prev track still works) .

I have uninstall/reinstalled the driver of Apogee Duet USB, still the same.

Here is the log file if needed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvYguPulc97dMv8sddWqDC7At_goms41/view?usp=sharing

BTW, I can not backup my database now. Roon says: Error backing up database.

thank you,
Yasmina

Hello rebeka,

BTW, if the music plays through “System Output”, the sampling rate would not change when it plays HQ files.

Hi Rebeka,

Finally I decided to start from scratch, deleted my RoonServer directory, uninstalled both RoonServer and Roon on MacOS, and reinstalled everything.

Now it works.

thx,
Yasmina

1 Like

Hey @Yasmina_Lee,

I have to say I read every single one of your posts with my :heart: pounding. I still couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw your final post: how awesome to see you being relentless in finding a solution, especially while our support team was out for the weekend. Thank you :pray: and, really, congrats :partying_face:

We appreciate every bit of effort you put it :nerd_face:

I am just a paranoid…
:sweat_smile:

@Yasmina_Lee,

We get that and, many times, it’s better to be safe, than sorry.

We’re happy to have you :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.