"Audio Device in Use" - Devialet D200

I have the same issue with my D200. It has latest firmware 10.1.0.
Restarting core does not help. Switching sources does not help.

device in use keeps bugging.

Hi @Ced_Rachmad,

I have split your post into itā€™s own thread so I can better assist you.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What step(s) are you able to use to get out of this state?

network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.
I use a Arris router from my internet provider
connected via ethernet cable to Devialet and iMac 2019

What step(s) are you able to use to get out of this state?
Devialet is seen by Roon, but ā€œdevice is in useā€ when I try to play
Roon functions normal on the iMac and iOS devices
Also works via Zen Mini. But I want to be able to play without an external streamer.

Hi @Ced_Rachmad,

When this behavior occurs, are you controlling the Devialet from any other sources/apps?

Can you please note the exact local time + date you next experience this behavior?

Iā€™ve had this occasionally, I have 2 fixes that have so far worked for me.

Step 1 is to select phono input, or any other analogue input. Then try pressing play in roon again. I like using phono for this as you can hear hiss when the input changes so you know that bit worked.
If that does not work, power down the Devialet, then unplug it from the wall for a few seconds.

No, Iā€™m only using Roon

Just tried it now 11.30 am.

Thnx but no luck here

Hi @Ced_Rachmad,

Thanks for letting me know the timestamp! I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Just started up with same issues. So you should have logs.
Weirdly enough, when I connect my Innuos mini through USB, my iMac core can play directly to the Devialet.
But my goal is to sell the Innuos to replace it with a Elac Discovery.
Do you know if the Elac keeps being supported by Roon essentials updates?

Hi @Ced_Rachmad,

I can confirm that logs have been delivered to our servers. Upon review by the technical team, it appears that Roon is your Devialet to switch to the Air input, but the Devialet itself refuses to do so. I suggest reaching out to Devialet regarding this issue for further troubleshooting.

I will have to inquire with the hardware team regarding this question as Roon Essentials is a bit different than Roon. Once I hear back from the hardware team regarding this request, I will let you know. Thanks!

Hello @Ced_Rachmad,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue in the QA lab. We have been unable to reproduce the issue locally, but we do see the behavior you are reporting in your diagnostic logs.

Trace: [devialet] ==> success
Info: [zone Devialet] OnPlayFeedback Playing
Trace: [Devialet] [Lossless, 24/48 MQA TIDAL FLAC => 24/96] [PLAYING @ 0:00] My Love Is - Diana Krall / Billy Myles / Frederick W. King
Info: expected source 14, got source 5
Trace: [devialet] releasing feedback socket
Trace: [devialet] ==> success
Warn: Track Stopped Due to LostEndpoint
Info: [zone Devialet] OnPlayFeedback StoppedLostEndpoint
Trace: [zone Devialet] Suspend
Info: [zone Devialet] OnPlayFeedback Stopped
Trace: [Devialet] [Lossless, 24/48 MQA TIDAL FLAC => 24/96] [STOPPED @ 0:00] My Love Is - Diana Krall / Billy Myles / Frederick W. King
Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer -> stream] All streams were disposed
Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Removing ordinal 1
Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Destroyed domain
Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Created domain
Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Removing ordinal 1
Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Destroyed domain
Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer] All streams were disposed
Info: Alert: Transport: playback_error_endpoint_source_deselected

As seen in the diagnostic logs, the Devialet is reporting to Roon that its input has changed, causing Roon playback to stop. Roon is not in control of this behavior, it is the Devialet that is reporting that the input has changed.

I recommend you reach out to Devialet with this report as they will be in the best position to troubleshoot the device.

Regarding the ELAC Discoveryā€”All questions should be sent to ELAC directly. What I can say is that for the best Roon experience now and in the future we recommend using the full version of Roon.

-John

Hello John, thnx for investigating. The solution I found is to change the Ethernet setting in the Devialet to DHCP ā€œonā€ (no fixed IP).
Now I can even start the Devialet up from Roon.
Hope this helps others!

cheers
Cedric

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.