Audio device missing and needs to be always re-enabled

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro with 10.15.7 running Roon 1.7 with Core 1.7 on DiskStation

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

On Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mobile Stax Amp SRM-D10 connected through USB-C

Description Of Issue

Hi,

I recently started listening to Roon on my MacBook using my mobile Stax SRM-D10 amp connected through USB-C. The problem is, unlike my Naim NDX 2, Roon always “forgets” about that device after a restart. Roon only lets e select my MacBook speakers and my NDX 2 but not my D10.

I need to re-enable the device including labeling and applying my preferred DSP settings which is partcularly annoying.

Why is that happening and is there a way to save my audio device setup?

Thanks.
Johnny

Hello @GalaxyGlider, and thanks for your report! Are you seeing this consistently after a reboot? Also, has this always happened with this device? Have you tried it with another remote?

Hi @nuwriy,

thanks for your reply. This happens after every reboot. Roon recognizes the device in my Audio setup but I have to enable and label it before it can be used as an audio zone. DSP settings also reset and need to be re-enabled for that device.

On my iPhone or iPad I can see the device but also would have to enable it before I can use it as an audio zone. To further explain the SRM-D10: It is a mobile amplifier that can connect to a computer or mobile device using USB. In USB-mode (it can also do line-in) it is recognised as an audio device by my Mac and also as a new audio device by Roon but always as a new device.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.