Audio Device not Recognized by Roon on an endpoint

I am running Roon Core on a PC with a DAC connected to my hi-fi system and use various windows tablets and PCs as control points. Sometimes I use the tablets and PCs as output devices but on one particular PC, Roon refuses to recognise any audio devices connected to it. Evem though Windows outputs system sounds or music from other music players (namely JRiver and foobar2000) Roon still does not find any audio device. I also tried connecting another DAC apart from the system soundcard, an AudioQuest DragonFly, still nothing in Roon although it plays fine from other apps.

I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks and kind regards

Yaman

Hi @Yaman_Basa ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. Can you verify for me if the PC in question has any active firewalls or antivirus software running on it? If it indeed does, may I kindly ask you to temporarily disable these functions and confirm if there is a change in behavior.

-Eric

Hi @Eric ,

Thanks for the response. I found that I can get audio if I disable the public networks firewall. The OS is W10 Ann.

Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks a lot

Yaman

1 Like

Hi @Yaman_Basa ---- Thank you for the follow up and sharing your observation with me. You will want to add security exceptions for “Roon” and RAATServer" in your firewall settings. The procedure on how to do so can be found here. Let me know how it goes :sunglasses:

-Eric

Done and it is ok now.

Thanks a lot for your support.

All the best

Yaman

1 Like

Hi @Yaman_Basa ---- Thanks for the follow up! Happy listening!

-Eric