Audio device not there

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Latest Windows 10 / Latest Roon, all devices up to date

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi with seperate swith in between (worked fine until today)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB Fractal DAC

Description Of Issue

DAC is not seen by ROON, have restarted and tried everything I could. DAC is seen by Windows, not a problem to use outside Roon.

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

If you temporarily disable the firewall on your Windows Core machine? Is there any change after that?

Hi Dylan,

No change unfortunately. I have disabled all Windows firewalls.

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? Do you have any other antivirus or firewall applications running on the Core? Can you please try to temporarily disable it if so?

Hi Noris.
No antivirus or firewall installed.

Remote is also not working.

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

The audio screen you are seeing is typical when there is a firewall preventing Roon from working properly. I know you mentioned you took a look at the firewall in the past, but I would look at these more explicit instructions:

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Hi Noris

Per your instructions i switched off all firewalls… How can I then ad exception to a not working firewall?

Leon

Hi

I reached out to fidelizer as well because it also stopped working.

I added a femto tfp card to the system that may have caused this problem somehow.

The fidelizer update I just received fixed the fidelizer issue but also the roon issue, so I am back online.

I really couldn’t understand how or why though.

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

Are you saying that all of your audio devices are now visible following a Fidlizer update?
Is your Core running on the Fidelizer (which is the Windows 10 PC)?

Yes thats what im saying.

Fidelizer dude can’t explain it either.

Yes fidelizer is on my core Windows 10 machine

1 Like

Hi @L_Schnitzel,

That is very strange indeed. It sounds like the Fidelizer update resolved the issue though so I’ll mark this one as solved, if you need further assistance with Roon please just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.