Audio Device Question

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Inspiron i5 8 gb, 4 core, ssd. Files are on a NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet usb 3.0 dongle

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HDMI to Marantz AV8805

Description Of Issue

This might be a rudimentary question, but should a hdmi connected audio device appear as a selectable zone option only if the audio device is powered on? If yes okay that makes sense, however a couple of times I have turned back on my Marantz AV8805 and it will not show as an option and ihave to rebuild the device settings and save. Then when I power off it will disappear ( I assume that is correct ) but it may not reappear next time

The Marantz does show up consistently as an airplay option and I assume that is because of the Ethernet connection , and being separate from the hdmi connection. The Ethernet connection is always on standby to remotely turn the unit on or monitor for software updates.

Thanks!

Hi @Jarrod_Cohen,

When this occurs is your Windows machine seeing the Marantz outside of Roon?

Hi @dylan My pc is seeing the Marantz as a media device. I was wondering if it is because of windows firewall permission. Right now I see it as “Roon tested” airplay option while it remains off and in standby. I included a screenshot.

I turned on the Marantz and it reappeared, I guess maybe I was just experiencing a glitch or network issue earlier. I took a screen shot and happy Thanksgiving.

Hello @Jarrod_Cohen, glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.