Audio Device Refused to switch input to Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 - Mojave 10.14.6 as Core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity xFi Gateway - using both WiFi/Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Oppo 203 (using wifi) and Oppo 205 (using ethernet). As a group.

Description Of Issue

It was all working fine up till this morning. When I hit play I get this message:
“Audio Device Refused to switch input to Roon”

Rebooted iMac and Modem. Turned both Oppo devises on and off. Nothing helped.

Curious, what input mode do you have set on the OPPO’s. On my 205 I switch between Blu-ray and USB audio in depending on the zone.

You might try unplugging the OPPO’s for a hard boot. Power off/on only does standby, or so I’ve heard.

In any case I’m not aware of a situation that would cause Roon to issue that message. New one on me.

Also, go into Roon Settings - Audio and make sure your Oppo devices are set up and active.

All is well now. I did unplug power on the Oppo 205. The hard boot seemed to fix the problem. Thanks!
FYI I use both Oppo 203 (WiFi) and 205 (ethernet) in different rooms. The Roon music signal I send through the ethernet because my Roon Core (iMac) is in the basement. These are not my main source of music. In my main system I use a Aurender N10 server which cannot use Roon. It uses its own music app called Conductor. Then USB to a Emm Labs DV2 V2 dac which why I do not take advantage of the Oppo 205 USB input.
My Oppo 205 I do use in my main system as well for BlueRay and H/T processor.

Alan H.

That was not the problem but thanks anyway. Here is my what was and a comment about my system:

All is well now. I did unplug power on the Oppo 205. The hard boot seemed to fix the problem. Thanks!
FYI I use both Oppo 203 (WiFi) and 205 (ethernet) in different rooms. The Roon music signal I send through the ethernet because my Roon Core (iMac) is in the basement. These are not my main source of music. In my main system I use a Aurender N10 server which cannot use Roon. It uses its own music app called Conductor. Then USB to a Emm Labs DV2 V2 dac which why I do not take advantage of the Oppo 205 USB input.
My Oppo 205 I do use in my main system as well for BlueRay and H/T processor.

Alan H.

Good to hear it’s working again.

I wasn’t a fan of the NUC to OPPO USB 2 channel (no sub channel) setup even with MQA decoding. The Ethernet to OPPO was 2 channel and sub channel but no MQA decoding. I had been considering one of the higher end multichannel dac’s that could do it all but first needed to upgrade my main speakers. I was pleasantly surprised with the new higher end speakers and decided the OPPO USB setup actually sounds pretty good. The high end dac may still be in the future but I’m good for now.

Hi @Alan_Hyman,

Thanks for letting us know that the full reboot has resolved this issue!
If you run into any other difficulties with Roon, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.