Audio Device Reset?

I am cross posting this on the Jplay user forum too. Sorry if people dislike this. But I just almost blew up my speakers, hence this posting.

I am trying to play Roon through a 3-PC Jplay configuration, where
Machine #1 runs Roon Server
Machine #2 runs Roon Bridge with Jplay as Control PC
Machine #3 runs Jplay as Audio PC.

The Roon Core can see Jplay on Control PC fine, I can also configure DSP and everything, the only problem is when I try to do Roon -> Lower right of screen -> Device Setup of Jplay, Jplay will disappear from the lower right screen of Roon as an audio device, after a while (several seconds) Jplay will reappear.

This made it impossible to configure Jplay as a Device for features such as DSP volume control, Convert DSD to PCM, etc.

I suspect it maybe due to the Roon Server’s data on endpoint was somehow corrupted or the Jplay ASIO is not fully compatible here. If it’s the former, how do I reset the endpoint to a fresh start? If the latter, has anyone had a similar situation and got a workaround?

Please help, thanks!

p.s. I started this because I could play normal flac files fine, but just now I accidentally played a DSD album, without being able to convert and downsample it to PCM in Roon, the big noise coming out of my speakers scared the **** out of me.

Hello @Peter_Hsieh, ,

I have enabled diagnostics on your accounts so our techs can try to determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core devices a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers.

If you get a response from the JPLAY forum that resolves this issue for you, it would be helpful if you could report back what the fix was so we can document it for future reference. When the logs are uploaded and I have a chance to comb over them I will let you know what I find.

-John

John,

Thank you. I hope you can find something meaningful in the logs. By the way, just to eliminate one layer of complexity. I have also installed Japlay on the Roon Core PC, use it as Jplay’s control PC. The behavior is still the same. Hope you can see that in the log, and find out solutions.

Thanks again,
Peter

Hello @Peter_Hsieh,

After looking at your logs and conducting some of our own testing, our tech team has come to the conclusion that this behavior is being caused by the JPlay ASIO driver. When you enter the “Device Setup” window in Roon, we have to “restart” the connection to the ASIO device in order to get information like supported sample rates, formats, and the number channels it supports. Further information can be found in this post.

-John