Audio Devices disappear everytime

Hi Ashley, any news?

Hey @Daniel_Morgado weā€™re sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

While we do not have an update as of yet, we have escalated this issue to the proper team once again so that we can determine next steps.

Thank you for your continued patience :pray:t3:

Daniel, thanks so much for your patience!

Our team has taken a look at your logs and see that the ASIO drivers may be interfering. As a test, could you please temporarily uninstall the ASIO drivers from your Windows device and see if the issue persists?

Please let us know how this goes, thank you!

Hi Ashley, I donā€™t have any ASIO drivers installed on the windows pc that I have a problem with, only on the core. So can you please clarify? Thank you

Edit: Actually I have yamaha Steinberg Asio, but that one is needed for the audio interface.

Edit 2: I uninstalled the yamaha drivers ( donā€™t know for how long, usually when I restart my pc everything works for a few hours), and now the audio card works, but obviously cannot use the audio interface.

Have you got any windows sounds enabled? Sounds like other devices are taking control of your soundcards etc. Also did you disable the firewall on your core computer?

Windows sounds are disabled, and firewall on core is disabled for roon.

@Daniel_Morgado thanks for testing that out for us - thatā€™s helpful to know.

Weā€™re hoping that you could provide us with a download link for the ASIO driver that youā€™re using? We would like to test this out on our end. :pray:t3:

of course:
https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_hardware/Yamaha_Steinberg_USB_Driver/Win/2.1.1/YSUSB_V211_Win.zip

2 posts were split to a new topic: USB DAC and Airplay devices disappear in Roon - Windows Core

Thank you! Iā€™ll share this link with my team so that we can test this out and weā€™ll reach back out as soon as we know more.

Hi, any news? I still canā€™t use roonā€¦

So I guess I canā€™t count on roon to offer support on its own productā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to use roon for 2 months.

Hey @Daniel_Morgado sorry for not being able to get back to you. I have reached back out to the support team to see if they have any updates to share.

1 Like

Hi All,

Weā€™ve recently reached out to Yamaha/Steinberg regarding this issue, we will keep everybody updated on the proceedings.

We do not have any Yamaha/Steinberg equipment ā€œin-houseā€ to test with, hence why weā€™re reaching out. Weā€™re not encountering this issue with other ASIO drivers or equipment.

-John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.