Audio devices disappeared

Dear Roon-Team
Today I recognized that all my audio-devices disappeared.
I can see them in the overview (Settings->About) and they are displayed with the correct version (1.8 build 814) and have an IP from the same subnet.
But under (Settings->Audio) none of them is displayed. And on the bottom of the app appears the notice “No audio devices found”.

It seems that there is a problem with the database from roon itself.
After restoring an older database, the devices were there again.
Then I restored the todays version and all devices disappeared again.

Could you please help me to fix this item?

Many thanks in advance
Roland

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hey @Roland_Egli,

Based on what you’re describing, it seems that the No audio devices found error is connected to that specific database. We’ve seen this before when the database was corrupted.

Could you please restore again the slightly older backup? :pray:

2 Likes

Here my topology:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    Host-System: Linux DiskStation218 4.4.180+ #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_apollolake_218+

Roon-Core runs as Docker Container on this host:
System inside the container: Linux steefdebruijn-docker-roonserver1 4.4.180+ #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Version: Roon version 1.8 (build 814) stable
NetworkMode: host, Filesystem: btrfs

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    Roon-Control is used on iOS, MacOS, Windows10 devices

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    all devices are in the same subnet

• Audio devices in use
    currently none :wink: => reason of this post
    Usually Roon-Bridge: volumio (Roon version 1.8 (build 814) stable), Google Chromecast-Audio, Local-devices

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    Local on NAS, Docker-Container runs on the same NAS, Folder is mapped into the container
    There are two folders with tracks added: One has 124 items, the other 13416. Currently no streaming-service is active, but Tidal was earlier.

==> I assume, that there is a problem in the roon-database. Probably you can provide me with information how to reset the information about the RAAT-devices?

Hi Rebeka

For sure, this would be the short term workaround.
But do you already have enought information to reproduce and fix this problem as it seems that I am not the only customer who has it.
If needed, I can provide you a database-dump which shows the faulty state.

Best regards, Roland

Hey @Roland_Egli,

Thank you for the thorough replies to both my question and @Carl 's, a valued subscriber, moderator and leader on the Roon community.

While you cannot specifically reset just the information about RAAT devices, you can remove the current (corrupted) database and restore the older non-corrupted one:

• Stop RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restore a backup

Our R&D team is looking at implementing integrity checks for corruption and stop you from using Roon at all if corruption is detected. Doing this would prevent cases of latent corruption like you’re experiencing, and ensure that your backups are never corrupt. While I don’t know when this feature will be rolled out, I wanted to share this so you know we’re listening and trying to resolve issues our subscribers are facing :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.