Audio Devices "gone"

Mark that’s what I was saying.
I would expect the Mac to show up as well as the Brooklyn Bridge

Any ideas?

If your computer is not on the same network as your audio equipment. Your audio stuff is ethernet connected. Is your computer on your guest network instead of your main network?

All on same network (the computer, the iPads and the audio equipment

Sorry late stages of a poker tournament.
I am guessing you can open a web page onto the Roon server as you can open the client.
Can you check that

What do you mean open a web page onto the Roon server? Not sure I follow

Plug the Brooklyn directly into the nucleus using USB and what do you get?

Try rebooting the Nucleus. Also, if that doesn’t change anything, set your Mac up as a core and see if it can see then rendu.

Set up the Mac as a core and it was able to see the Audio devices. So problem seems to be the Nucleus+.

So… decided to update and reinstall Roon OS on the Nucleus+. Currently in process. Crossing fingers

OK. So now I updated and reinstalled Roon OS on the Nucleus+… and same problem.

Ideas?

Did you connect the DAC directly to the nucleus via USB yet?

Not yet. I can try… But when I use my Mac as a Roon Core it can see the audio devices. Including the DAC. Should I still try what you suggest? And thanks!

Yes try it

Unfortunately the Nucleus+ input is a USB-A connector and my DAC is the same (type A)… and all of my USB cables are USB cables are USB-A to USB-B connectors, not USB-A to USB-A

The Brooklyn dac is a USB B socket

The nuc+ output will be USB A and the DAC input will be USB B

Have you got a Brooklyn bridge dac? If so the USB A is the storage connector

Sry if this was done already. Was the router rebooted?

FIXED!!! After reinstalling Roon via the web interface (onto the Nucleus) I tried to reset the database from scratch - on the web interface reset the Roon Database & Settings. Lost all set up elements… but Roon now works. Woot.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and patience. Super helpful

2 Likes

Hi Mark good news, and sorry I fell asleep last night as it was about 1:30AM.

There is a cache database on the Roon share that can be deleted, and which is rebuilt by Roon, that I have seen the Support team recommend deleting in the past.

You don’t sound technical enough to know how to connect to it though.

If you have lost data, maybe you can restore your most recent backup and that should get you going again, if any of the information lost is important to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.