Audio Devices Missing on Nucleus

Same here: “no audio devices found”.

• Roon Core running on my Nucleus (all my music is on its internal SSD), connected via Router and LAN cable to
  • iMac running Roon client
  • DAC with headphone amp connected to the iMac via USB (as always, no changes to this configuration)

Updated both Core and client to 1.8 today, restarted client a couple of times:

• Footer says “no audio devices found”
  • Settings > Audio lists both iMac System Audio and my DAC as “enabled”, but they are not available for playback

“Fixed” it by restarting the Nucleus, but I’m not sure if this is going to be a lasting solution…

1 Like

Hi @K52 ,

Thanks for letting us know that the reboot resolved this issue! If you see it re-occur please just let us know and we can take a closer look, thanks!

It seems a number of us are suffering from this problem. I’ve had to reboot my core on successive days (running ROCK on a NUC).

1 Like

It happened to me again after a reboot. Reboot seems to fix it, but only temporarily.

1 Like

Hi @noris – it happened again, but now the effect is even worse!

I was listening to an album a moment ago, and while listening decided to switch to a different one. Pressed play on the first song – my current song stopped, but otherwise nothing happened. (Though the footer showed the new track and my audio device.)

I tried different albums, but none worked – Roon fell completely silent. To be precise, it showed the tracks and the waveform, but “play” did not start them.

Then I rebooted the Nucleus, and restarted Roon. Now it does not show my USB-connected DAC under “Settings > Audio” anymore, not even my iMac’s system audio, even though the Roon app runs on this machine!

EDIT: A few minutes (!) after I had written this, “iMac System Audio” re-appeared under settings. I can choose it as audio output, but when I pick it and try to play a song, it does nothing.

Restarted Roon Server, and now it disappeared again.

This is severely buggy!

PS: My second connection “Nucleus > (LAN cable) > Router > (Wifi) > iPad > Dragonfly Cobalt DAC” works without any issues. So far.

Same problem! It started with the beginning of the beta test and the transition to 1.8, in the section Beta wrote about this more than once.

On Nucleus, when you on / off audio devices, the Core loses the ability to select them as a playback zone, they disappear from the list of available zones. The Core sees devices, they appear and disappear in the audio settings when enabled / disabled, but not in the lists of available audio zones. Only restart of the Roon server helps.
:cry:
This is repeated every time, this has never happened IN THE ALL THE TIME OF VERSION 1.7 WORKING!
It happened to me again after a reboot. Reboot seems to fix it, but only temporarily.

New LOGS:

Help, I’m tired of rebooting every time you turn on / off the DAC!

I am having the same issue with my Lampizator DAC. Help!! All my music is on the Nucleus internal hard drive. It shows up but at bottom “No Audio Device Found”. Pretty important process check before releasing software.

I do not see a response from support?

I’ve had the same issue with NUC. DAC showing as enabled but not showing as an available zone. Had to reboot core to resolve.

Hi everyone,

Please see this post.

Apologies for the trouble!

1 Like