Audio Devices not found [Resolved]

I am running Roon 1.3, windows 8 computer as core and dcs Rossini dac and clock. Primarily use iPad to control.

Have been having some problems with Roon not finding the dcs dac and computer output audio devices over last couple of weeks (the “disconnect” happened in between listening sessions)- always got it to connect when I rebooted computer (restarting did not work). Only listen through the dcs option. Last night while listening to music, I touched the dac and got a mild shock of static electricity and immediately lost connection with the dac. Roon now will not recognize the dac nor the computer output audio device even after rebooting. It is recognizing a version of JRiver though which now comes up before Roon when I click on Roon to open it. My JRiver is not working either - ran into problems awhile ago so the fact that this does not work is not a new development.

When I click on the audio output option settings now in Roon (dcs dac not showing up now), and try to modify the settings, Roon completely shuts down and boots me off. Nothing happened when I clicked retry to recognize device.

Help please.

Hi @Tim_Johnson ---- Thank you for the report and apologies for the troubles here. Can you verify for me how your Windows core is connecting to the Rossini DAC?

-Eric

Hi Eric -
They are connected with a Transparent USB digital audio cable.
Tim

Hi @Tim_Johnson ---- Thank you for the follow up and verifying that for me. This may seem like a very elementary question, but have you tried swapping the USB cable out with another one, and furthermore, have you tried a different USB port?

-Eric

Hi Eric -
I did switch USB ports and then got Roon to work - so many thanks. Unfortunately for me, the port that has gone bad was the one that is “tricked out” in the computer ( which is set up for music and only used for music) with a special sound card and separate power source to maximize sound quality which I am very concerned with. So now on to resolve the hardware issue - eventually will get a different server but need one that runs Roon at reference quality level which I think is the challenge. Have a great day and keep up the good work.
Tim

1 Like