Audio dropouts not experienced before!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus / Version 1.0 (build 227)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi RBK850 / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin T2 streamer connected via Ethernet / Tidal services only

Description Of Issue

Have read similar issues on Roon communities. So far I’ve rebooted Nucleus and Disabled IGMP Proxying on the router. However when playing hi-res files, I am still hearing some audio dropouts… I have never heard any issues before so I am asking Support team to investigate further. Let me know what you need from me.
Thanks.

Also what’s the best or recommended settings (Background audio and On-demand audio) for the Nucleus? Thanks.

Hi Benjamin,

The On demand Analysis Speed and Background Audio Analysis Speed are only used during the initial library analysis (or when new music is added). They have no bearing on day to day playback.

Best settings depend on the analysis to be done. For example, for large analysis I would suggest setting Background to OFF and ON Demand to fast while listening to the system, then overnight, turning Background to Fast (Highest core Value). When using the system again the next day, setting Background to OFF again. Repeat until the library has been analyzed. After that the default settings are fine.

Did you also reboot the router during this? If not, you might try a router reboot followed by a Nucleus reboot.

Some additional questions that might help clarify for support (I’m just a friendly fellow user :smiley: ):

• Are there any wifi hops in the audio playback chain

• Do the drop outs happen when playing local high res files or is it limited to Tidal playback.

• When you are playing high resolution files are you doing any DSP? And what is the Processing Speed showing in the Signal Path?

1 Like

Yes I did thanks!

Appreciate your help!
My response above.

Please try some local music files and see the dropout occurs.

I am exclusively using Tidal service with Roon and don’t have any local music files. Also no issues with non hi-res files… anyway I have not been able to reproduce the audio dropout today with hi-res files, however I’ll monitor, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Pitot,

If you want to download a few free local sample tracks just for testing purposes, the 2L Test Bench is a great resource (right-click on the file size -> save as) .

That’s fantastic news! If it returns, please just let us know.

Thanks @noris, you’ll be the first one to know :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.