Audio File is loading slowly, music interuption

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Lenovo IdeaPad c340 15IIL, 8GB, i5, 1,00GHz, 1,19GHz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi, the router is a nornal TIM which was new 2 years ago.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Cocktailaudio x45 WIFI (ethernet not possible)

Description Of Issue
Music stops after around 2 minutes into every file, message “audio file is loading slowly…”. This happening everytime over several days.

What is different from similar discussions in the forum:

I once “uncored” the Lenovo and used another Laptop as core. When the music played without interruption I was happy to accept that there is some weird issue with the Lenovo.

But then on same evening I assigned again the Lenovo as core. For hours no issue also on the Lenovo, something had changed.

Next morning after having switched everything off and on I again have the interruption issue.

Do you @support have any expereince with this behaviour?

Thank you
Dirk

Hi @Dirk_Detken,

Where are the music files stored, are they on an internal HDD, external HDD or do you only use streaming services (TIDAL/Qobuz)?

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your router?

“Audio file loading slowly“ is a buffer under run, it’s either happening because your network is saturated ( not up to the task), or the core is busy doing something else (not up to the task).

1 Like

they are on the SSD of a CocktailAudio x45. No streaming service to date. The thing is that on an ACER i7 gaming laptop as core i do not see the behaviour. As if it is the machine… but the specs of the Lenovo are exceeding the minimum requirrments. I also checked the configuration of both Lap tops: equal. What am I missing?
the rooter reboot borught a temporary improvments for a few titles but not for long.

Hi @Dirk_Detken,

If you copy a few albums to a hard drive attached to the Core and add them to Roon, do you still experience this behavior?