Audio File is loading slowly, music interuption

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Lenovo IdeaPad c340 15IIL, 8GB, i5, 1,00GHz, 1,19GHz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi, the router is a nornal TIM which was new 2 years ago.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Cocktailaudio x45 WIFI (ethernet not possible)

Description Of Issue
Music stops after around 2 minutes into every file, message “audio file is loading slowly…”. This happening everytime over several days.

What is different from similar discussions in the forum:

I once “uncored” the Lenovo and used another Laptop as core. When the music played without interruption I was happy to accept that there is some weird issue with the Lenovo.

But then on same evening I assigned again the Lenovo as core. For hours no issue also on the Lenovo, something had changed.

Next morning after having switched everything off and on I again have the interruption issue.

Do you @support have any expereince with this behaviour?

Thank you
Dirk

Hi @Dirk_Detken,

Where are the music files stored, are they on an internal HDD, external HDD or do you only use streaming services (TIDAL/Qobuz)?

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your router?

“Audio file loading slowly“ is a buffer under run, it’s either happening because your network is saturated ( not up to the task), or the core is busy doing something else (not up to the task).

1 Like

they are on the SSD of a CocktailAudio x45. No streaming service to date. The thing is that on an ACER i7 gaming laptop as core i do not see the behaviour. As if it is the machine… but the specs of the Lenovo are exceeding the minimum requirrments. I also checked the configuration of both Lap tops: equal. What am I missing?
the rooter reboot borught a temporary improvments for a few titles but not for long.

Hi @Dirk_Detken,

If you copy a few albums to a hard drive attached to the Core and add them to Roon, do you still experience this behavior?

Your files are going from the cocktail over wifi to the core then back to the cocktail again Via WiFi, and some WiFi will cope and others won’t. This is I believe to be your issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.