Audio File is loading slowly this may indicate a performance or hardware problem #2

streaming direct from tidal no problem at all. problems began immediately upon installing new roon update. have rebooted all devices, uninstalled and reinstalled app, and reset modem. the problem has been caused by roon. I refuse to play the troubleshooting game any further. hey roon, you broke it FIX IT! I’m on day 8 of the trial and will not go forward unless resolved. thank you.

Good luck with getting it fixed then :joy:

yes, with tidal no problem at all. problems began immediately upon installing new roon update. have rebooted all devices, uninstalled and reinstalled app, and reset modem. the problem has been caused by roon. I refuse to play the troubleshooting game any further. hey roon, you broke it FIX IT! I’m on day 8 of the trial and will not go forward unless resolved. thank you.

Without system details it would be hard to know what’s wrong. If you would like help then create a new post in support.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

hello carl,

I stream tidal to a bluesound node 2i connected to a naim superuniti as well as a chromecast audio connected to a naim unitilite. using wi-fi with speeds in excess of 180 mps. the message that I keep receiving from roon is “tidal is loading slowly”. tidal streamed directly from either naim, or spotify streamed via the node to either naim, works flawlessly. I’m down to 2 days left on my trial subscription and would like the confidence that this issue can be addressed and not a constant intermittent problem. thank you.

Fill in the information on network make and type etc.

Hi @conundrum — Sorry for the troubles here. I’m confident we can get you up and running here, but we need to know a little bit more about your current setup.

• What Core machine are you using?
  • Do you have any local content? Does it play okay or do you see the same issue?

good morning dylan,

I am using a macbook pro with 16gb of ram. the local content is on the macbook and has been seamlessly incorporated into the roon library. the abrupt stopping has only occured during tidal streaming. a few things to keep top of mind: streaming tidal or spotify, for that matter, directly from the naim’s or via the bluesound nodes has been uninterrupted. and after multiple reboots of the hardware and re-installs of the roon app the situation is improved. yesterday afternoon I upped my internet plan from 185mps to over 200. last evening I was able to listen to a string of jazz albums, via tidal, using roon, without issue. the roon software is amazing and I’m hopeful that the worst of the problem is behind me. thank you, andrew.

and dylan, can we change my public name to: conundrum? no one needs to know who I am. thank you.

Hello @conundrum, I’ve done that for you.

thank you very much. better this way.

Hi @conundrum,

Thanks for letting us know that there’s been an improvement here! If you run into any further issues, do let us know and we can certainly take a look.

Since you mentioned you are on trial, we have also added a bit of time to your trial period so that you can have a proper experience with Roon, this should have been reflected in your accounts page.

Anything else we can assist with, just let us know!

noris, thank you so much for your kindness in extending my trial. roon is absolutely wonderful. last evening I spent a blissful, and error free, evening listening. I also found, in the roon knowledge base, the answer as to why some new additions to itunes were not showing up in my roon library. a simple flick of a switch under “music folder” in storage brought over the missing albums. you folks have built a beautiful product. at my age I’m not so sure that I’d see the financial benefit of a “lifetime” membership but if I was younger I’d surely do so. month to month it will be for me. happily, andrew

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.