Audio file loading slowly since Devialet RAAT

Hi John

Mine is an Expert 250 CI

Nick

Strangely this does this with files in a playlist as well but they are standard CD quality both local and Qobuz.

Hi. I have two 220.

Devialet%202 Devialet%201

I’ve had the same issue, and have real problems playing hires, or upsampled music. I’ve had to go back to air for now, which works perfectly.
Mine is a 440 pro, on Ethernet.

I’m having the same problem with local files and with Qobuz streaming.

@support
There is two similar treads about this issue, maybe merge them ?

For what it’s worth, this is the thread that @John (Roon Support) responded. Hoping to hear more from him here.

@john
Any updates on this? Having problem listening to music, just sitting an waiting for the next dropout.
Had to put on a lp so could enjoy some music tonight…

Not possible to play from Qobuz, been over 24 hours since last restart of Roon! After restart I can play again but gets a lot of dropouts. .

I have only seen the audio device loading slowly message one, but the drop-outs are constant. Are they the same issue?

I’ve seen the Tidal message once or twice too, and had one very slight streaming hiccup on cd quality streaming - an Allo digione has been faultless for the past year or more.

Something’s not quite right. Better power that Allo back up again…

Just saw this thread after posting mine, but are you also seeing very high network usage? See my screenshots here:

@Support - just checking in on this since we haven’t heard back in a few days. Should I be logging a ticket with Devialet on this? Any insight or advice is welcome!

Hi everyone,

Our team is hard at work investigating these reports. We will be sure to keep you updated here as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we are looking into this.

Hi everyone,

I met with the technical team regarding the status of their investigation. The team is hoping to gather some information from those experiencing these issues. Please fill out this form so the team can review.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation while we continue to investigate this behavior.

Not to pester, but I was wondering if any insight has been garnered on this issue that can be shared. Just prior to 1.6 being released, I had been looking into switching to a NUC w/Rock to run Roon instead of my current Win 10 i7 PC. But since Roon RAAT to my Devialet is a key piece, I want to make sure this issue is addressed and resolved before I make the switch.

Since this first occurred, I have avoided playing hi-res music via Roon RAAT to my Devialet, but now I’m seeing the same problem occasionally with normal CD rips as well and even encountered the dropouts with Roon AIR a time or two. I’m quite puzzled as to why some of us are having this issue yet many others do not. Core machine? network? router?

Any insight that can be shared is appreciated… and as always, thanks!

@support - any update or insights you can share? I’ve tried moving RoonServer to a different machine (both relatively powerful i7 Win10 PCs), updated all my Win10 drivers to the latest, dramatically reduced the length of ethernet cable between PC, Router and Devialet and still getting the same problems with Roon RAAT to my Devialet. I can’t quite comprehend why some but not all are having this problem. For now, I’m fine with sticking to AIR, but would sure love to know if there’s anything that can be done from my side to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

I’m still experience the “an audio file is loading slowly” syndrome. @support had this issue been solved? A friend told me that this happened only on weekends, and I think he got a point. Those who have the same issue, do you only get it on weekends?

If I attempt to play a hi-res track (anything at 24bit) using RAAT to my Devialet, I always get dropouts or stuttering and often get the ‘Audio file loading slowing…’ error regardless of time-of-day or day-of-week. If playing normal CD rips, it will often - but not always - play just fine without dropouts. Note that his is only a problem with my Devialet. Playing Roon Ready to other endpoints always works fine.

What I can’t quite understand is how it is working just fine for many, but quite a few of us are having this same problem. I also sent in a ticket to Devialet on this but haven’t heard back from them. I’ve tried everything I can think of (different computers running RoonServer, different ethernet cable, different lengths between server-router-Devialet), but the problem is always there.

I’m confident that Roon will address this, but to be honest, I’m quite surprised we haven’t heard anything back in a few weeks… likely a tough problem and/or something that Devialet will need to change in their DOS/firmware. But it would be great to know if there’s anything we can do to address this. Surely, those that have it working perfectly must be doing something different.

Hello everyone,

A short update on things…

We are still actively investigating the reports of issues using Roon Ready streaming on the new Devialet Expert Pro firmware. Significant progress has been made in isolating the factors and variables that could be causing some users to experience issues, a critical step in what will hopefully lead to all of our users being able to enjoy the new Roon Ready integration on their Devialet Expert Pro devices.

I wanted to thank the users who took the time to fill out the questionnaire, the data we have been able to capture has been invaluable as we continue isolate and iterate on potential solutions for impacted users.

The rollout of the Devialet Expert Pro Roon Ready certification was one of our biggest in terms of number of devices certified. It was a huge effort from both the Roon and Devialet development + QA teams to get the integration up to our collective high standards our users expect. Thankfully, we have been able to deliver this seamless and hopefully impressive experience to the large majority of Expert Pro owners. We are working diligently to deliver said experience to all of our users and we hope to have more news to share soon.

-John

2 Likes