Audio files corrupt in Linux (SonicTransporter) but not in Win Roon Server [Ticket open]

@Eric

Some followup and perhaps a way to resolve this (unresolved) issue. Just today I was letting my Windows Roon Server finish analyzing all my tracks for R128, DR, etc. For kicks I opened the tracks view in roon and sorted on DR values. I noticed that there were many tracks (almost 1000) without DR values. Lo and behold, the tracks with no DR values have the notation “corrupt” listed along with the track names. (NOTE: these tracks are not listed in the skipped files section of my library and all show up in total track count.)

I then notice that these files seem to be the same files as the approximate 1000 files that are NOT importing in my Linux version of Roon Server (running on SonicTransporter i5), The difference is that in the ST, they show up as “skipped files” in the library. These are mp3 files and are all a bit odd (because they are free downloads from artist websites, or downloads from subscribed podcasts, etc.). The commonality seems to be:

1. A file created with MPEG 2.5 Layer III, that has a sample rate of 11025.
  2. a file created with MPEG 2 Layer III, that has a sample rate of 22050

By the way, in my windows roon these files play just fine (even though marked as corrupt). But again, they get “skipped” in my ST (linux) roon install and not imported (listed in skipped files section as corrupt). Here’s some file examples:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27403489/sampleproblemfiles.zip

EDIT: To summarize, it seems that windows roon can import these, can’t add R128, shows them as corrupt, but DOES PLAY THEM. In contract, the linux (ST) version can’t import these files and shows them as skipped (corrupt).