Audio has random pop, skip and feedback noises

Roon Core Machine

Core: Synology NAS running Roon in Docker. Running latest 1.8 build 913.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti switches. pfSense firewall. 1Gbps down / 40Mbps up Comcast service. NAS and Ropiee are hardwired ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Client: iPhone 8 running iOS 15.3.1 Roon 1.8.00913
Stream Target: Ropiee 3.113 w/ HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro, Schiit Bifrost 2 via USB and COAX Should be latest (no prompts to update) but I forget off the top of my head where to view the version.

Number of Tracks in Library

~12,000

Description of Issue

Playing Tidal or local FLAC files to the Ropiee results in random popping, skipping (sub second) and in a few cases a horrible 2-3 second feedback/buzzing sound. Basically, is a miserable listening experience. Songs used to play just fine so I know it’s not a recording issue.

As best as I can say, this started happening a few weeks ago around the time I upgraded ~2 versions of Roon ago?

I can’t know for sure if that’s the reason, but your Ropieee install is outdated, Roon bridge version being the culprit.
Go to the Ropieee web-admin-page and it should show you an update option.
You may even read up on Ropieee NG (new generation) which is the version receiving future updates, but that requires a reflash of the SD-card.

Dunno if it was upgrading or just rebooting, but that seemed to take care of it. Thanks @Marin_Weigel !

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.