Audio problem during playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, Roon 1.6, build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Net cable Router TP Link.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Teac Dac NT 503 connect USB.

Description Of Issue
From some days after a few seconds of playback the audio signal disappears even if the file continues playing normally, I tried with two other DACs but the problem continues.

Thank you

Hello @fabio_mazzaglia,

Some TEAC DACs have a known issue when connected to macOS hosts where they will get into a broken state when changing their sample rate. Enabling PCM upsampling may prevent this behavior from happening.

A. Enter the DSP Engine setup page. You can get to the DSP Engine by clicking on the “speaker” volume icon in the bottom right of the Roon app.
B. Open the Sample Rate Conversion screen.
C. Select the “Max PCM Rate” option.

You mentioned that you tried this with two DACs, what was the other DAC?

-John

Hi John the second Dac is a Copland, but the problem was the same.

Thank you

Fabio

Hello @fabio_mazzaglia,

Did you run the test using the Sample Rate Conversion in DSP Engine?

-John

hello John, I tried the maximum resolution but nothing. I formatted the Mac and put it on Mac Os Sierra, thinking it was an incompatibility with Mojave, but the flaw is always there. I used an old Mac Book and everything works fine, I think it is the Mac Mini that has something wrong because the Midi selector stops continuously

Hello @fabio_mazzaglia,

If you disable the “Exclusive Mode” setting in the “Device Setup” screen for the DAC, do you still see the same behavior when you are connected to the Mac mini?

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.