Audio progress bar issue on iPad Pro Roon remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zenith mk2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ASUS router. Private LAN IPv4 using DHCP. Innuos connected direct to router. iPad Pro via WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Innuos Zenith mk2 => USB => Mytek Brooklyn DAC => Exposure amp

Description Of Issue

Hi.

I’ve noticed the following behaviour on several iPad Pro devices (2020 iPad Pro 12.9”, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9”, 2019 iPad Pro 11”) and all exhibit the same issue when used as a Roon remote.

When a track is playing and I want to go back to the iPad homescreen, I need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. More often than not, this will result in the swiping catching the audio bar and skipping the track forward or back.

On the occasions where I’m being more deliberate to not catch the audio bar, the action will not skip the track, but it will appear to stop the progress of the track playing to the point where my finger was on the screen. The time will also stop at that point while the track continues to play.

Reopening the Roon remote will still show the audio progress and time in the static state, even though the track will still continue to play via the amp, endpoints, etc.

Force restarting the Roon remote will clear the issue and the audio bar and time progress from the correct point.

I’m guessing this is a clash between the Apple way of having to swipe up to go to the homescreen and the location of the audio progress bar within Roon.

It happens in both landscape and portrait orientations.

Is this something the Roon devs are aware of and perhaps working on in a new version? Or is it just me and my sausage fingers? :wink:

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Rory

Hello @Rory_Sharp, thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring up this thread to the team to make sure they’re aware. We appreciate the report!

Hi @nuwriy,

Thanks for raising this. I have made a short video to show you and the devs what the problem actually looks like. I hope this is useful?

It can be found here…
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqS3fYwzfdzFld937OtSWmNd_aYyPg

Best regards,

Rory

Super helpful, actually! Thanks for taking the time to produce the video. I can’t offer any official timelines on a resolution, but I’ll make sure the video gets to the right people.

That’s good to know @nuwriy, thank you.

It could just be me swiping ‘wrong’, as I’ve not seen this issue on the forums before. So if there are any hints or settings I could look at to help stop the behaviour, that would be helpful.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.