Audio set up problem on MacBook Air

Does anyone can help resolving audio set up problem (MacBook Air as a core). When starting song/radio … always have to choose audio device (Bluesound Node 2i) and than increase volume in sound preferences … after that, everything goes ok, using iPad as a remote.

So the problem exists only in the first step of listening.
I already updated Roon, restart Mac etc…

Thanks in advance
Predrag

Hi @Predrag_Aranitovic

It’s good to see you, hope you’ve been well! We’d be happy to help you figure this out.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi, using MacBook Air as a core, updated, Node 2i as dac/player, iPad Air as a remote. This configuration used to work back in time, with small or bigger bugs , but now , when I want to start again using roon, it shows that can’t make even the first step….I read a lot of community discussions but no help for the my issue . Regards

Hey @Predrag_Aranitovic, Roon need a bit more detail to help you get your issue resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it in your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like