Audio Settings From MacPro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacPro 2012 / MacOS High Sierra v10.13.6 / Roon v 1.6 (build 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi / Netgear / model CM450-1 TLAUS

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I want to use the system output of the MacPro on which I have installed Roon and its core. Its core is located on a USB connected external hard drive comprising roughly 3.25TB of music.

Description Of Issue

When I go to the audio tab it is blank, even for the operating system. The only message is “Networked - these devices have been located on your network” and below that is nothing; no options at all, even for the “system output” - no matter how many times I have logged out, shut down, and restarted. I have read the FAQ: Audio Basics and Audio Setup Basics in the Knowledge base, but it does not provide the fix. Can you help?

Hi Donald,

Do you have Antivirus software or your Mac Firewall running?

Try disabling and see if that helps.

Cheers, Greg

I run “Bitdefender” as antivirus software and “Ghostery” and “Privacy Badger” to block thrid party cookies and trackers. I also have the Mac firewall up and use Winscribe as a VPN. I do not want to run my computer without any of these on a permanent basis. I will, however, pause everything and let you know what happens.

So with everything off, I can manage audio. I will now turn these things on one at a time to find the culprit. I failed to mention that I also use “HTTPS Everywhere”, which I also turned off.

Make sure you allow Roon and RAATServer exceptions.

Cheers, Greg

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.