Audio Stops after 20-110 seconds

Roon Nucleus +
Mac mini
Mac OS 10.14.2 (18C54)
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
Roon Nucleus +

Audio stops after 20-110 seconds. This is true with Roon and iTunes playback. Streaming audio with a web browser runs smoothly. The Nucleus has amber and green lights and the ethernet port. I changed the cable no joy. I have power cycled the MacMini, the nucleus, the Ayre CODEX, the Ayre Q5X-20, the Sonic Wall, the fiber modem and no change. The music files are on a solid state HD in the Nucleus. The Nucleus is not stable in giving access to the files it is intermittent.

I miss listening to music.

Hello @Ian_Weiss,

Does this issue occur for both your Ayre Zones or just one of them? What is your network setup like? Please list the the model/manufacturer of the router, any switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect.

You mention that this same issue occurs with iTunes, can you please clarify a bit further on that?

We have also just released Roon 1.6, can you please update to the newest firmware version and let me know if the issue still happens afterwards?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello Noris,
Thank you for your response. I was able to identify a packet storm in my LAN that was causing the Nucleus audio to be interrupted and stop. The cause was a Sonos speaker and multicast settings to accommodate Sonos wireless. I revoked the multicast permissions and wired the Sonos speakers and now sweet music from Roon and my Nucleus.
Thank you, Ian

Hello @Ian_Weiss,

Glad to hear you have identified the issue to a Sonos speaker and the router settings! Roon does use multicast to communicate so I would be weary of any issues that might arise from disabling that setting but do let us know if you experience any more issues in the future, I will be marking this thread as [Solved].

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.