Audrivana Player

Count me in among those who prefer Audirvana’s sound quality, by a wide margin. There is a stridency to the sound Roon produces.

Do you observe the same “stridency” while running Audirvana with Apple CoreAudio ?

Sorry, just saw this. And sorry, I’m not quite advanced to understand the question, except to say that I run Audirvana in a standard fashion. If there is a way for me to check, I’ll be glad to do it.

You’re welcome Bob, no hurry at all.

If you go to Audirvana Preferences, on the thumbnail AudioFilter you get, just beside Converter a local menu with the choice iZotope 64-bit SRC and Apple CoreAudio. This is where you can see what you hear as a converter and here where you can toggle between iZotope and CoreAudio.

Have a good listening and thanks for the check in advance.

New user, but can confirm that Audirvana sounds clearly different, and to me much better, than roon, without any kind of upsampling being done in Audirvana. Stridency is good term to describe the sound from roon i think.

It is one of the things that makes me question buying a subscription.

Aurdirvana 3.0 with integrated MQA unfolding should be out in the next week or two and should up the competition.