Auralic Altair "audio zone" keeps dropping off

Hi,

This is happening while music is playing. It just stops and the Altair vanishes from the networked devices on the audio setting. I can generally fix this by putting the Altair to sleep and restarting it.

is this a problem with Roon or an issue with the Altair??

System details below

Roon 1.3 (build 223), OSX 10.12.4, Auralic Altair, Library stored on WD MyCloud NAS, ISP provided router, wired connections, library size approx 7,000 tracks.

Cheers
Sean

Hi @sean_clayton1 ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Are there any other devices you are noticing this behavior with or does this appear to be isolated to the Altair? Furthermore, when you do make this observations (“Altair vanishes from the networked devices on the audio setting”) is there any of applications active in the background or other process taking place?

-Eric

Hi Eric. Just seems to be the Altair - airplay still works. Roon Core loaded on my imac so normal stuff also going on i.e email, internet access etc. waiting to hear from Auralic
Regards
Sean

Hi @sean_clayton1 ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested information :thumbsup: Very appreciated!

Moving forward, besides the router provided by your ISP, do you have any other networking hardware sitting in the chain of communication between the Altair? Furthermore, you mentioned in your report “…wired connections”, would this indicate that the Altair is being accessed via an ethernet connection to it’s LAN port?

-Eric

Hi Eric, Auralic tell me this is likely a known issue with the Roon endpoint code and that the firmware 5 update (being rolled out now) should correct it. I’ll give it a few days to see if the issue is resolved.

Regards
Sean

1 Like