Auralic Aries Display [Resolved - build 223]

My Auralic Aries no longer displays any info when I play music through Roon. Aries firmware is 4.1 and Roon is 1.3. This appears to be a new issue since the Aries display used to show track number and timing.

Hi @George_Simon ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. To help me better evaluate what could be causing this issue to occur, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Can you verify when you first started noticing this behavior with the Aries?

3. Are you having the same experience when using the Aries with other applications?

-Eric

what version of Roon you are running 1.3
What operating system you are running Mac OS X 10.12.4
Basic information about the device you’re using: mac mini 2012
Describe where your music is stored: Mac mini
Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks):16030 tracks
Playing music through Auralic Aries with wired ethernet connection.

I’m not sure I can say when it started because the Aries display is normally off. I just turn it on for troubleshooting.

When I run the Aries though its native ios application, it displays correct track and timing information on the Aries device. With Roon, although the Aries plays tracks the Aries display no longer displays any track or timing info.

Hi @George_Simon ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time answer my questions. Both are appreciated.

My understanding of how the Auralic Altair’s display works (with Roon) is that it should only be showing the progress of the stream being played and will not show any metadata associated with it. You are not seeing anything on the display currently, correct?

-Eric

That’s correct. Normally it displays track number and timing. With Roon, although the Auralic streams the sound, its display shows 0/0 for track and the stop button. In other words it doesn’t think it’s playing anything.

It’s been 10 days and no response.

Hi @George_Simon ---- My apologies for the wait here. Our team had chance to meet today to discuss any pending issues and I made sure yours was on the list.

We have been able to get a hold of an Aries for testing purposes to see what we come up with in regard to this behavior you’ve reported to us. May I very kindly ask you to please post a picture of what the Aries display looks like when you notice this issue.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Looks like build 223 fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

1 Like