Auralic Aries G1 disappearing from Roon

Good to know, the last update on the Aries G1 has brought al sorts of problems for me. Unable to resolve it I was a bit unsure wat the direct reason is for the dropouts. I will experiment with enabling multicast en IGMP snooping my ASUS router as well.

Hey @Anthro I’ve moved your post into its own thread so that we can assist you with this!

In addition to the IGMP setting, could you please check to see that your device is on the latest firmware update? Auralic released a firmware update recently that I’m hoping you had a chance to install.

If that does not help, so we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thank you!

hi @ashley, i am fighting with the same problems. i have a ubiqui network and aries g2. i already set multicast snooping to on. the g2 is connected to ethernet direct. it did not help. i did now switched to wifi to check different connection. i did also made a info on community.alrealic. you said a new version of firmware for auralic is out. i do have 8.0 and i do not know no other release. thx for your support.
-pablo

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for giving this kind of attention to the issue indescribed. After enabling multicast and IGMP snooping I have yet to encounter a drop out. But since it only has been 1 day I will keep on monitoring.

Still weird though as I have been listening to the exact same setup with the exact same hardware and settings (no multicast and no IGMP snooping) for over 2 years without any hickups… must have been due to a shadow firmware upgrade or something.

1 Like

@Anthro, thanks so much for giving that a try and providing me with an update, that’s great to hear! I’m hoping that the issue continues to stay at bay.

If the issue occurs again, we’d recommend reaching out to Auralic directly to get further assistance. The continued behavior experienced with the Auralic devices could be due to this firmware update and this is where Auralic can be of assistance.

@Pablo, I’m hoping that you can reach out to Auralic for assistance, as well, as they will be able to provide more in-depth information regarding the firmware update.

Thank you both! :pray:t3:

There seem to be an update from Auralic soon…

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, @Mikael_Ollars! :blush: Looks like they are on top of it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.