Authorisation of another Roon Core

I have a laptop and a PC. Both have Roon installed.

I was using the laptop as Core. Then I switched to the PC as Core. When I switched to the PC, I de-authorised the laptop as Core.

Now I want to switch back to the laptop. However, Roon does not even open on my laptop.

I uninstalled and then re-installed Roon on the laptop. But the same problem happens. It does not start. Any advices. Many thanks

Sorry for the trouble here, @Herman_Tse!

Do you see any error messages at all when trying to open Roon?

Have there been any change on this machine? Any Windows updates or anything like that?

There is no error message. It simply cannot open. There is a Window update recently.

I may take the laptop to the service provider to take a look. However, does it have anything to do that I de-authorised it before?

Thanks

I do the same, but install only the core. The one that starts automatically upon Window‘s boot. Are you doing the same? I then run Roon on a iPad or even on the said laptop but connect to that core. That works, but sometimes it takes Roon a while to check that another core was running before and may throw an error even after running for two minutes.

Hello @Herman_Tse, could you please try to open Roon one more time on the laptop then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.