Auto select highest quality source by default, even if Tidal

It would be good for live radio to switch sources. Stations i like the most stream in 128kb. i want them as my dj, but songs played from a streaming service or my own files.

+1 for this feature…

A slight variation, please. I have both the stereo & multichannel layers of many SACDs ripped. If my current output device is stereo, please automatically select the stereo version over the multichannel version.

Thanks!

1 Like

Automatch type system would be good, if that is now what’s being requested as the OPs request has already been covered and Roon already offers this. The only snag will be that more often or not you’ll get tracks that don’t get identified properly or they will be classed as a different version as its a later or earlier release. When I added Qobuz I used Soundiiz on my Tidal library andd it ended up with multiple versions of a lot of albums as they where slightly different releases and not matched. This would then fail in what your all asking for. So would need some library nursing afterwards. Personally I am happy doing this myself.

That seem to be completely obvious feature. Its hard to believe its not implemented yet.

2 Likes

Roon is the software of choice for quality & highest fidelity.
So, during playback, the queue should always fetch the best quality of any source of same title.

1 Like

Brand new to Roon with a large iTunes library ripped at various quality, started out at 320kpbs and now ripping CDs at AIFF. Would be great to have a toggle on/ of to auto play files at the best quality rate possible.

All people that wrote here should vote instead of saying “+1”

1 Like

@AceRimmer And again, I think this is an generalized version of the “pick the format I prefer”. These folks want the opposite of “always pick Qobuz over Tidal” but I think it’s the same concept. People want rules based ways of selecting the version they want according to generalized rules. Not sure it deserves to be consolidated, because the net result people want is exactly different, but the same mechanism would achieve the result these folks want.