Auto start in Roon Server [Resolved]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon on a SonicTransporter NUC server.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Windows 10 Aron server.

Description Of Issue
Recently, I have been having issues with Remote Desktop and decided to go headless with Roon Server. To make this workable, I need to enable auto start. I cannot, however, find the auto start setting. I have read the articles/posts on this but still cannot find it. I understand that it should be on the right corner of my screen next to the Windows icon, but it is not. And, I cannot open the app as it has no UI.

Help please.

I think that this is the KB article you need…

Thanks but I already read that and it does not address my issue. There is no Roon icon on my screen and thus I cannot select auto start. There is an icon that looks like a price of paper (not the Roon icon). When I out mu mouse on it, it says Roon. When I try to open it, it says searching for Roon.exe.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Are you looking at the Windows Desktop? If so, it sounds as though what was once a shortcut icon to the Roon.exe has got damaged - perhaps the Roon.exe has been uninstalled, but the shortcut icon remains.

The server is on the floor in a server closet. Remote Desktop is not working, etc. It will be very difficult to send a screen shot.

Should I uninstall and reinstall?

@John_Culver, you should see something like this -

You’re running WIN10 on a SonicTransporter? I thought they were Linux devices.

I have an older St that runs Windows.

I found it, thanks. resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.