Automatically play high-res Qobuz over local library version of a track?

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Intel i7-8700K
ASRock Z370 Taichi MB
16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon Fios G3100 Gigabit
Connected via ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

SMSL SU-9n DAC via USB and ASIO v5.12

Number of Tracks in Library

Somewhere around 20,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi, is it possible to prioritize Qobuz’ high-res version over my local library copy? Years ago, I ripped hundreds of my CDs to MP3. I have more disk space now, but haven’t gone back to re-rip them to FLAC. Is there a way to set Roon to always prioritize playing the highest available resolution version of a track? I can’t seem to find any way to do this other than clicking into the “versions” and manually choosing Qobuz, which is a pain to remember. I also noticed on discography page that I can use the “focus” and choose source or format, but again it’s a manual process I’d rather not have to think about on every album I want to play. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Joseph_Casalino,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question and welcome to our Roon Community! Currently there isn’t a setting in Roon for this - but it’s something that our customers have expressed interest in! You can add you voice to the the discussion and cast your vote in favor of this feature in our feature requests section:

Voted, thanks for pointing that out!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.