AyreQB9 DAC not recognised during set up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBook Pro.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Ayre QB9 DAC.

Description Of Issue
On setup, Roon showed me a couple of Ayre options, but not the QB9 and then failed to recognise it.

I’d hoped the two would recognise each other and sync simply, but not at all.

Any ideas please?

The QB9 is not a Roon tested device so it will not be recognized but this does not matter. You should have no problem using the Mac’s USB output.

Hi @Chris_Hayes,

Welcome to the forum! As @Robert_Daines mentioned, the QB9 is not a tested Roon device so it wouldn’t show up in the device list. Can you confirm the QB9 still works as expected on your end, or are you seeing issues with this device? If you are having issues, can you let me know more information as to what the issue is? Thanks!

I have a QB-9 DSD and it works flawlessly in conjunction with Roon on my Mac mini and connected via USB. As stated above, it is not a ‘Roon tested’ device, yet Roon recognizes that it is an Ayre product (just not the specific model). Here’s what the signal path looks like.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.