B&W Formation Audio

Roon no longer connecting to B&W Formation Audio. Since IOS 15 released. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Mansour,

It is unlikely this is related to iOS 15 unless you are using an iPhone as an audio endpoint driving the B&W Formation Audio connected.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

I recommend rebooting the Network router, Roon Core, and the B&W Formation Audio device.

2 Likes

Hey @Paul_Mansour,

Thanks for sharing what you ran into - we’re sorry about the trouble! Could you please also let us know the details @Carl has so kindly asked for? They would be of great help in figuring out what’s wrong :nerd_face:

Hi Rebeka,

Thank you for your quick response. I’m very pleased with the Roon experience.

I did what Carl suggested and it has seemed to work. So for now it’s okay.

The only real issue I find with Roon, although it may be my network, is the following:

Firstly, I’m using a MacBook Pro as my Roon core. Roon is then feeding into the Formation Audio, which then feeds into the Formation Duo’s. My network speed is 20MB.

• It takes time for remote devices to connect to Roon. Quite frustrating

• Sometimes the feed from Tidal will stop, saying the connection is too slow. And sometimes the music being played becomes patchy i.e it doesn’t stream smoothly.

If you have any fixes for these items I’d appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Paul

1 Like

Hey @Paul_Mansour,

How wonderful to hear that you’re all set - for now at least.

Let’s get to the other two topics you’ve brought up:

• A certain delay is expected from remote devices, as every time you re-enter the app, the connection to the Core needs to be re-established. It shouldn’t take more than a few seconds. Are you experiencing something else?

• As a test, could you please navigate to Settings → Services → TIDAL and lower the streaming quality. Is the stream smooth?

1 Like