B109 ARC CarPlay Feedback

The good news is albums are sorted alphabetically by artist. The bad new is…

I only get albums with artists names in a’s and b’s. Nothing more.
I only get artist with names in the a’s through s’s. Nothing more.
There needs to be an a to z way to choose albums by artist and artist by name. It is not usable to scroll and scroll and scroll up and down or hit the up or down arrow over and over and over, especially while driving a car.
I was getting a lot of error messages when hitting play. Don’t remember the message.
Multiple Roon ARC crashes on iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Also, I have almost 1500 albums in Tidal and the same in Qobuz. Both Tidal and Qobuz versions show up in CarPlay and I can’t tell which is which.

Still lots of work needed before usable, IMHO.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when I tapped on one album, it took a full minute to load it on a strong 5G signal. Some others loaded quickly.

EDIT2: I think it’s obvious, but as it is now, I can’t play an album by an artist that doesn’t start with a or b. If I tap on artist to go that way, I can’t find an artist that starts with t or higher.

@vova, I found some little inconsistenties between Roin ARC and Roin Remote. Don’t know if ithey are related to the latest version or if they already exists in earlier versions.

• When I in Roon ARC go to the information page for an artist for example (i .e. Library → Artists → Abba → Info) and I then click on Editorial sources, I see the sources I have selected in Roon ARC Settings. This list is (as may expected) in the exactly the same order I have choosen in Settings. So far so good.
    If I do the same thing in Roon Remote then the sources are (incorrectly) in alphabettical order instead of in the choosen order in the Roon Remote Settings.

• In Roon ARC Settings “Editoral Sources - Edit” is in my app incorrectly not translated in Dutch (it is in English). In Roon Remote this text is translated to “Redactionele bronnen - Bewerken” which is correct.

B1180 ROCK Core on NUC10i3
ARC B109 on iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.1.2
Wireless CarPlay on Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT

Before using B109 I rebooted my iPhone and re-started ARC, it’s been playing perfectly using CarPlay for over an hour. No crashes as @Jim_F reported.
Interestingly albums and artists seem to load noticeably quicker when I was out in the country with 4 bars on 4G than they do on 2 bars with 5G.

I don’t know if it is supported via the CarPlay API but does it allow search? How can a user in the car find a particular album? We have no search function on CarPlay. Apologies if the has been discussed before.

The shuffle and repeat button are still insanely small and they also do not appear to function, I selected the repeat button and it highlighted white, then I couldn’t turn it off, it stayed selected on every album/track.

Working very well for me, it would be nice if it could work with Siri to search for albums or artists.
Or to see other features such as top played albums for the month .
One bad thing I’m finding is every time I connect my iPhone to the cable I have to re-login on Roon Arc before I can access CarPlay but ok at loading in etc……just annoying logging in every time i connect to car play ,it’s funny because normally I’m not logging in all the time without CarPlay

Have to login every time I do Connect to carplay
Password and name

Thanks Roon for making Arc CarPlay ready !
Works very well here.

Roon Arc

LD

Login name and password, Me too unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

@Eric_Sahlvall and @Piet_B can you please confirm that you are having to login again each time you connect your device to your vehicle?

Yes, I can confirm, when I start RoonArc in the car I need to start Arc on the iPhone and first screen on the ipHone is the login/password screen

1 Like

Used CarPlay today on several small rides.
Had no issues while playing, everything worked fine, no need to login (started Arc from CarPlay), no crashes.
Some usability/feature requests:

• A play all/shuffle button on the artist page
  • Easier way to scroll through albums. Takes forever to scroll down. Would love to be able to jump to characters or to scroll faster when scrolling longer…
  • Menu for ‘tags’ like Playlists

Setup:
iPhone 13 pro, iOS 16.2
Mazda 3
Carplay2Air adapter

Hey all, can you please try build # 112 where we’ve tried to address the log out issue

This issue also affects me if especially if I shut down ARC on my phone, and then start the case up, ARC on CarPlay will immediately as to be logged in.
I also just had ARC on my phone crash, ARC hasn’t crashed for me since early on in testing.
On this occasion I had left ARC running in the background on my phone and then I proceeded to start the car, ARC on the CarPlay stereo immediately asked for me to login and when I went to my phone and unlocked it, it had crashed.

Oops, sorry @vova I was just typing that out and didn’t see your post.

I’ll try B112 in the car very soon.

A post was split to a new topic: B112 ARC CarPlay Feedback

Me too will try today

Just tried B112 ARC, problem solved !!
Thanks!

I wonder why I get this message each time now on the same iphone??

New sign in detected

Happy to hear it’s been resolved. We’re still a bit perplexed as to what was causing this.

Have a few questions for you:

• Which mobile device are you using?
  • Which car/head unit are you using?
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your car? If wireless, are bluetooth and Wifi enabled?
    *When did you last update? How quickly did you begin using Carplay after said update?
  • What were you doing in ARC last before updating?

@vova, last december 22 I posted two little inconsistenties. One in Roon ARC and one in Roon Remote. The issue in Roon ARC is solved but the issue with Roon Remote not. You have probably overlooked it. In Roon Remote earlyaccess 1197 the issue is still there.

Just started using ARC on my iPhone XR via Bluetooth CarPlay in BMW i3. The downloaded albums and individual tracks play fine, but the album cover artwork on the display screen is for the wrong album and does not change when I switch to a different album. Has anyone else come across this issue, and is this just a teething problem for ARC?

I had a chance to use CarPlay today and it worked very well. The reason I will rarely use it is it only shows my albums A through Buddy Rich. That’s just not acceptable to me.

EDIT: And, that’s B for Buddy, not R for Rich.