B1149 on ROCK install failed

I run roon on a ROCK istallation. When I try to start the update I see that B1149 is downloaded and the roon core is unavailable for a few seconds. When the roon core is again available it is still showing as 1148 and the update indicator returns telling me that there is a newer version of roon core available.

I assume that the update causes problems and has been aborted resulting in restarting the 1148 core.

Any advice how to proceed is appreciated.

Hi, @Chris_KA, thank you for your report. @andrew.v will take a look at diagnostics report from your machine.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Hello @Chris_KA !
Thank you for your report!
I’m assuming your RoonOS version is 227 (stable).
You may check the version on the WebUI page of your device, by typing the device IP address in the browser’s address bar.

If it’s true, ensure you have no roonserverargs file in the root Data folder.
Let me know, please.

Hi Andrew,

thanks for reaching out. I can confirm, that I am currently running “Version 1.0 (build 227) stable”
I also checked that there is no roonserverargs file in the root directory of the Data folder. There are only subdirectories and a README.txt file.

kind regards
Chris

1 Like

Hi @andrew.v

I just tried if something has changed. But the situation stays the same. B1149 does not want to be installed. I would really like to know if this is a special situation on my roon setup or the update has some problems. Ivan mentioned that you will look at diagnostics report from my machine. Do you need access to pull it. Can I be f assistance here?

kind regards
Christoph

Hi @Chris_KA !
Sorry for the late response. According to the logs, your RoonOS is trying to download and install an update, but an unknown problem occurs. It is not related to the RoonServer build updating.
Can you go to the WebUI, click on the Reinstall button, and see what happens to the RoonOS?
Thanks!

Hi Andrew,
I tried to reinstall Roon OS and succeeded with that. After the reboot roon forced me to deauthorize and reauthorise my core. After that roon did no longer associate my user with the beta program. I got an error that my roon client running on my mac 1159 was no longer compatible with my roon core running 1148.
I reinstalled my client. Now I am with both on 1148. So I still do not know if an update of roon would work because there is no update available outside the earlyaccess program wich is no longer accessible to me. I have now the problem that roon reports that the metadata improver is paused an I cannot add any tidal music to the library. This is all very strange.

Any suggestions?

Hi, @Chris_KA, unfortunately, this flow is something expected during this update for now, sorry for that:

In order to get your RoonOS back on the Early Access track, you can follow these steps – link. Please, let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ivan