B1212 Various bug reports for Roon and inquiries about ARC

Hello, Roon Lab developers and testers.

I started using Roon in earnest in November 2022 and participated in the Early Access Program in January. Many testers have reported on the problems that arise from using the Early Access Program, so I would like to express my gratitude to them because they seem to be developing into a good program.

I am writing because there are some contents that have not been reported yet. I’m also worried if I’m the only one experiencing this problem.

Bug Reports

  1. The LAST-FIRST SORT NAME item does not work. A bug that occurred after version 1202. The current setting does not work. Because of this, my library is in a mess.

  2. Intermittently the album cover appears strange. When you click on an image that appears strange, the original image is displayed with a large magnification. Shutting down Roon Rock does not eliminate this phenomenon. Thanks to this, the symptoms disappeared after giving up Early Access and rolling back to the full version.

  3. Since version 1210, the sort order has changed to see if localization has been applied. I am using Korean as a language. Previously, it was displayed in the order of symbols, numbers, English, and Korean, but now it is displayed in symbols, numbers, Korean, and English. The UI structure that I’ve already gotten used to has changed, so it feels awkward. Can I adjust it to the setting later?

The bugs mentioned above are all the same regardless of PC, tablet, or smartphone. Is this the starting stage for localization preparation, and is it the problem that occurs because various setting items are disabled? I hope my library will be normalized again.

The following is an inquiry

I think the Roon Arc update is a really revolutionary and surprising part. Three years ago, when I encountered Roon and tried Trial, I thought, “How nice would it be to be able to use Roon outside?” I used Roon from outside using VPN, but I experienced problems such as frequent disconnection and device not recognition. I think it was Roon Arc that solved this problem. I bought Roon because of Roon Arc, but unfortunately, I am not using Roon ARC properly. The reasons are as follows:

  1. In Carplay, the Album Sort order is mixed up. I don’t know why, but the order displayed on the iPhone and the order displayed on the Carplay are different. It seems to follow the folder order, but it’s not sorted by name.

  2. When is the DSP support available for Roon ARC? A powerful feature of Roon is thought to be the DSP. Although not all functions, I hope the parametric equalizer will be updated.

  3. I like Roon ARC’s unique UI, but I think the existing ROON UI is also very good. I think it would be better if I could choose the UI so that the UI of ROON and ROON ARC can be continuous.

We look forward to hearing from the testers and the development team.

Have a nice day.

Hello @Haruhata !
First of all, thanks for so thought and detailed message.
I will be happy to help you :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s go step-by-step.
Could you provide a screenshot or a video example regarding the 1st issue?
Also, please specify the UI language you are using.

Thanks!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Minor bug report

Thank you for your answer. Let me start with the Roon environment. I have installed and used the B1212 version on Remote and Roon Rock.

The language is set to Korean.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Here’s the artist page.
Sort is set in artist name order.
Singers marked with red circles are written in Korean in the English order, but the order is included in the English order.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The name ‘안다’ is set under the English name ‘Anda’ in the Roon library, so I arbitrarily set it as ‘안다’ in Korean.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I changed the remote language from Korean to English.
As you can see in the picture, I set up ‘안다’ to sort. There was no problem with the current official version of 1202. I remember that the problem occurred after B1207.

image
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What’s more interesting is that the function doesn’t work at all. I thought there was a problem with Korean, so I wrote it randomly in English and checked the status.

image

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As you can see, there is no change in order. Is it right to say that it doesn’t work?


.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I hope it will be fixed.

Thank you.

I look forward to a good answer.

Thank you for the elaboration @Haruhata !

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end and I have already passed this issue to our developers.

I believe it will be fixed with the upcoming release.

Regarding the 2nd issue, you wrote about in the original post.
Can you please specify what you mean by a strange image?
As always, I would appreciate a screenshot for a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick response. The second issue is that it is difficult to take a screenshot because it is difficult to reenact the current situation. I think it’s a temporary bug caused by the update to B1212. For example, it is thought to be a one-time error that occurred along with the disappearance of songs or genre mixing problems during database updates that are currently an issue. It is speculated that the error that occurred when moving from B1207 to B1212 does not occur with the completely new installation of B1212. If the problem is re-enacted in the future, I will leave a thread before solving it. Thank you.

1 Like