B1273 Discover broken [Ticket In]

I Am having an issue with the lastest early access build, my discover stop working.

Any info on how to get it to work again?

The early access build is running on all devices and the server is running on a Synology DS3615xs.


Hi Ricardo,

When you say Discover, I presume you are referring to this, correct?

Have you tried to restart your core and remotes?


Restoring an old backup did not resolve the issue, at least on the latest build 1273.

1 Like

After making everything the same version I also am having this issue as well as others.

The icons here no longer work until you play the station then they appear if you have a display setup but not on the remote. It is a nice peach color always, maybe salmon?

My playlist are feeling out their white period as well.

I still need to reboot my core daily to get my listening stats back.

All of my local playback devices on my pc are unlisted not even able to enable anymore…

I’m unsure how to be more of a help than a complain/whine so please let me know what information or acts I may offer to help.
Thank you.

My issue is when I go in to the discover tab, nothing happens it stays in a loading stage indefinitely.

My Roon server restarts every day so I Am not having icon behavior that I noticed.

1 Like

FWIW discover works for me every time I try. (Although I do have the play stats being zero issue). Android phone, iPad, macOS, with ROCK

Thank you for the report. @oleksandr will take a look.


1 Like

Only to inform the discover not working is still present on the latest early access version 1275.

My roon core is running on a Synology NAS with an Intel i3 processor, but also had the issue running the core on a Mac computer, so I do not think is related with the NAS.

Hello @Ricardo_Ramos !
I couldn’t reproduce the issue with the Discovery tab on my end but I noticed some helpful information in logs that might be related to your case.
Please try to disable streaming services and check if the Discovery tab works.

I tryed but did not work.

I Will backup my Roon installation and start fresh, it Will take a while to índex everything, but is a good way to identify if is my database that bacame corruped or anything else.

I Will post here if it worked.

Deleting the database and starting fresh apear to resolve the issue for me. The consequence was lossing my playlists and the nomal things of starting fresh.

One sugestion when this happens, it should be an easy way of backing up roon playlists and importing them when the need for start fresh is present.

As the database corruption could have happen without noticing earlier the backups I had also presented the issue.

But the discover issue appears to be resolved now, roon is indexing my library and Will take a some time …

Talked too early, starting fresh after indexing 3500 álbuns the issue is back, discover stopped working again.

Hi @Ricardo_Ramos ,
Did the situation improve with the new Early Access build?

1 Like

Unfortunately not, started fresh with Roon to see if it was a database problem, and it worked in the beginning, but after indexing 3000 to 3500 álbuns the discover issue came back and stopped to work again.

So I restored the backup again. Still present on early access build 1280.

Took a screenshot a few seconds ago.

Hi @Ricardo_Ramos ,

I’m sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Can you please share your database so we can reproduce the issue with the same environment?

Please, refer to this article on how to share a database. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/upload-database

Already zipped, please send instructions on where to upload it.

Upload them to Google Drive or Dropbox, please.

Sent in a private message.

Hi @Ricardo_Ramos !
Thank you for sending all the necessary information!
We can see a problem and probably it’s happening because of a bad file tag data in one of your local albums. We are not sure how to track it down at the moment but it will help us if we knew how long ago did it start to happen. This way we can probably go through all recently added albums and spot the troublemaker.
In addition to that, you can try to disable your local storage and check if the Discovery page is working.

Disabling my library makes discover work, because I have not added álbuns from Qobuz or tidal the attached screen is presented, but appears to be ok.

It will be very difficult to identify what is the damaged track in my library, and I only came across this accidentally, but I will try to dig more into this.