B129 ARC Audio Device Error [Ticket in]

Android build 100129

Using the Apple USB C to 3.5 dongle on Arc, when I grant if exclusive access I get “Audio Device Error”.

Is this not supported in Arc?

Hi, @crowlem, thank you for your report. Am I getting it right that it was working for you before but stopped working after upgrading to build #129?

Thanks!

Ivan

No, apologies, should of mentioned that I haven’t tried the Apple USB C dongle on previous builds (I just bought it recently). Not sure if it is a build specific issue.

1 Like

Understood, thank you!

We reviewed the diagnostics info, the conclusion we came to is that most likely this Apple USB C dongle is not supported by Android because Roon ARC couldn’t find an interface that supports USB Audio 1.0 or 2.0.

Nevertheless, we can enable additional logging for your account, after this you will need to reproduce this issue once again and then we’ll take another look at the diagnostics report.

Thanks!

Ivan

Please do, I’ll reproduce the issue again once the logging is on. Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks, @crowlem, I’ve just enabled the bit for you. Please, restart Roon ARC on your device and reproduce the issue once again. After this may I ask you to share the timestamp (your local time) when this issue occurred?

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks @ivan , just did the steps you suggested right now. Error showed up.

18:18 GMT

Thank you, @crowlem, I created a ticket for our dev team. I hope they will be able to take a look at it in the nearest future.

Ivan

1 Like

Hi, @crowlem, may I kindly ask you to reproduce this issue one more time and share the timestamp again?

Thanks!

Ivan

Just got the error, 12:44 GMT.

1 Like