B155 ARC 'Download could not be initiated - please try again' [Resolved]

I am unable to download local files in ARC 155, since installing it last night.

This feature was working fine on the previous build, and hasn’t been resolved by resetting ARC, and affects all albums I’ve tried to download so far.

All my apps are running the latest early access builds, including my Core. MacOS and iOS devices, all running the latest Apple OS versions.

I’m having the same issue. Arc is unable to initiate a download either over a wifi or a cellular connection. Also using Build 155.

Same here, trying in a remote wifi (which worked before)
EDIT: And on home wifi. Ah but now I see that I still have B150 because 155 is not yet in the Play Store.

Same issue. Running the latest early access builds. MacOS and iOS devices all running the latest Apple OS versions.

Same issue - even in home wifi.

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for trouble, this is a known issue and the fix is going to be released in the upcoming early access release.

Thanks!

Ivan

2 Likes

Try this work-around:
Initiate download and shut down Arc before it gets the chance to bring up the “Download could not be initiated” alert. Reopen Arc and you should find the new download in your Downloads list.
Hope it works for you. Worked for me!

1 Like

B159 fixed that problem - at least for me

1 Like

any update on this? I am having this issue (worked a few weeks back but now cannot download anything)

Resetting the ARC app often helps but you will lose any existing downloads

Thanks

Just reset Arc, did not fix the issue.

1 Like

Arc early access build 171, here - downloads appear to working fine on that build.

Hm. Your core and your ARC app are both up to date?

Everything is up to date, automatically updates. My Arc is Build 150 (what is build 171??)

Build 150 is not up to date, 171 is the latest ARC update in earlyaccess

How do I update Arc? I don’t see an option to update it…sorry. I am obviously a NOOB

Actually, build 150 was not even an earlyaccess version, it was the regular production version from February 28. (And in production it was replaced by 170 just recently)

You are using earlyaccess, right, or want to?

I have no idea. I just downloaded what was available to me from the App Store (iPhone user).

You are posting in the Earlyaccess area of the forum :slight_smile: Earlyaccess is for testing new releases before they go into production. You would have to specifically switch to this branch if you wanted to participate in testing, but you probably don’t.

For using the regular production updates, the latest ARC version for you in the App Store is ARC build 170. Apple has been slow to release this one due to some snag, but it should be available now. This is the announcement for this latest production update:

Should be available now, go to the App Store to check:

Thanks!!!

I have to say - you are AMAZING! Thanks for quick responses and very helpful suggestions!

Re-downloaded Arc - it seems to be working!

1 Like